Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Summerizing boat

This is my first year summerizing. How do you get the antifreeze out of the block? Thanks.

what ya got ?

Also, more importantly...what type antifreeze did you use? RV antifreeze or auto antifreeze?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

At least for my boat, as it was winterized with non-toxic marine safe stuff, I just put my boat in the water and start her up and I'm off for the summer. The antifreeze just flushes right through (and is safe for the lake)
    2009 21V

Who asks this in FEBRUARY, when my water is still solid to drive a car on, you just a serious planner, or are you teasing the rest of us? There is 15+ inches of snow on my boat at the moment ... sad ...

But - what kind of anti-freeze, and are all the block plugs back in the block, hoses connected etc? Who did the winterizing?
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

We are planners...have to plan as all our weekends are getting taken up with wedding stuff leading up to the big day in May. As it is, tentative boat pick up is April 7th for us unless we get an unseasonably warm/early spring here. Already getting my stuff together for my exhaust overhaul I got planned to start the season off.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Rest of the world isn't a mile high up!

Took this pic yesterday in GA. Granted, a little early for Feb. but no complaints here.

I don't think we get 15 inches in 15 years.

must be nice its snowing prety good right now.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Yeah. Sorry about that. 07 launch indmar engine. Used the pink marine stuff. It would be great to just put in the water and go. This is the first time weve used antifreeze. I figured that we needed to drain before putting in the lake. Thanks.

This thread makes me so happy.

I dewinterize on March 17 every year, St. Patty's Day. The way weather has been this year I may be able to do it a little earlier. It's supposed to be near 60 by the middle of next week, and we've been enjoying weather like this most of the 2012 so far. The most snow we've seen was a dusting on one night.

Tribal, as others above have said, you're good to go now if they used non-toxic marine grade anti-freeze.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Who asks this in FEBRUARY, when my water is still solid to drive a car on, you just a serious planner, or are you teasing the rest of us? There is 15+ inches of snow on my boat at the moment ... sad ...

But - what kind of anti-freeze, and are all the block plugs back in the block, hoses connected etc? Who did the winterizing?
    Todd we are still going every weekend. Take a winter vacation and head out this way.