Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Since we moved here to GA we cant believe we put up with the weather in the north. Our house is all electric heat/AC our average bill is 100.00 per month the highest was low 200s. In Indiana 2009 Propane was 3k per year and 100.00 a month for electric. Last year we started riding in Feb. This year our projected start is early to mid march.

Keith - I know you go every weekend (when you're not going to snowshoe or some other place to snowboard/ski)... but don't you have a heated lake, and a fancy new heated barn do store it in? JEALOUS.

I will be out your way in July - for the Nationals -- and hopefully can spend a little extra time to come see you guys -- and my sister that lives in Raleigh ... she will KILL me if I am in the area and don't visit!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I start mine up on the garden hose in the yard. Put 2 five gal. buckets. (one on each side of the wake plate where most of the exhaust water runs off) and idle it up to temp. Allows me to check that nothing is leaking (tighten hose clamps that I loosened during winterizing), makes sure the thermostat is going to open, as well as collects most of the antifreeze, Oil gets circulated, and the boat is going to run that first launch. Nothing like watching those that tow all the way, get everything loaded, and nothing works. (dead battery, bad connection, bad starter, etc).
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    I start mine up on the garden hose in the yard. Put 2 five gal. buckets. (one on each side of the wake plate where most of the exhaust water runs off) and idle it up to temp. Allows me to check that nothing is leaking (tighten hose clamps that I loosened during winterizing), makes sure the thermostat is going to open, as well as collects most of the antifreeze, Oil gets circulated, and the boat is going to run that first launch. Nothing like watching those that tow all the way, get everything loaded, and nothing works. (dead battery, bad connection, bad starter, etc).
    Yea, this is my first year starting on a fake-a-lake. I've never had it not start after the winter but you always think it could happen, nothing worse than getting to the lake with all your plans, beer, gas, friends, etc and there's no working boat.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

I start mine on a fake-a-lake before every trip to the lake. You just never know. Plus, being that mine in carbureted it's nice to have it warm up so I don't have to sit on the boat ramp very long. Just turn the key, starts smooth, and pull off the trailer.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Default Summerizing

Hey Guys
    Whats your opinion about owning a flats boat in New england? I like fly fishing and light tackle and have been considering a flats boat? My question is Do you think just having a flats boat is really limiting in New England?
    - Thanks
    James

Quote Originally Posted by LutiiChell View Post
    Hey Guys
    Whats your opinion about owning a flats boat in New england? I like fly fishing and light tackle and have been considering a flats boat? My question is Do you think just having a flats boat is really limiting in New England?
    - Thanks
    James
    What is a flats boat ? This Forum is exclusively for the discussion of Supras and like boats.

Quote Originally Posted by LutiiChell View Post
    Hey Guys
    - Thanks
    James
    For what you're wanting to do, yes, it sounds like the right boat for you. But it you want to expand to other types of fishing, then no, you're limiting yourself. This would perhaps be a better conversation for the iboats.com forum as this one is specifically for Supra inboard ski boats.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Got my oil changed on Friday - ready to go
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV