Default 91 Supra SunSport

I recently bought a 91 Supra Sunsport, and have a little problem I am trying to fix.

When the boat is run around 2000 rpm's everything appears fine, however when I raise the rpm's to around 2500-3000 rpms the following warning go off all at the same time!

Volt red light goes on with warnng sound
    Oil red light goes on with warnng sound
    Gas red light goes on with warnng sound

when I slow down the lights stay on, then I SPEED UP AGAIN , and the light go off?

I checked all guages and they appear correct :/ is there a error that make all three lights go off?

any ideas????

Default Replying to Topic '91 Supra SunSport'

Start by checking all the conections under the dash. Carefully press on all to make sure the connections are secure.
    2005 Supra 21V
    1990 Supra Sunsport Classic SOLD
    ------------------------------

Default Replying to Topic '91 Supra SunSport'

Problems with the warning lights and alarm are pretty common. I've seen post before on this board. Mine sometimes goes on after a long hard rain, which would suggest a short. yours sounds like a loose wire.

Recently my temp light and alarm have gone on permenantly, I was hoping it would just go away or be a loose wire to the thermostat. I hate taking out the captain's chair and dragging my arthritic 230 lbs into the foot well.

it could be a ground problem. On my '93 Sunsport I ran a separate new ground wire directly from my negative battery post to the dash any ground connection which basically floded the ddash with solid ground. Everything worked much better!

I have a 92 Sunsport and my lights were going off when I was idling. I replace the oil, temp sending units and that did not work. All my gauges showed everything was fine so I just unplugged the alarm. Hope this helps if not give Vince a call a skidim.com

I tend to agree with a few back. If your having multiple alarms and multiple system failures or alerts then the suspect should be in ground; relay or power supply. Isolation of ground loops becomes more likely when you add more and more items that dont always have a common ground. Thats why in the maxed out wakeboard boats with the extras like amps, tower speakers and lights, extra ballast pumps and syloniods; you start with the annoying things like a hum or buzz in your speakers when you run controls like the wake plate or other accessories. As the problem increases you get a developing headache of systemic failures. Removing the alarm does create a quick fix, but will not solve the problem and may cause you to miss somthing more catestrophic.

My '89 Saltare had a similar problem. I found the the plug that goes in the warning buzzer circuit board was corroded. A little WD40 and plugging and unplgging the input socket solved the problem.