Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where in cali are you? a buddy of mine does really nice custom towers i do a lot of work for him at his shop. he is in lodi. the place is called hoochie towers hooichetowers.com

[QTE=cavilry;68353]Oh man! Yup, mine looked just like that! It will be a few months before we plan to get it in the water (even in "sunny" california) so we figured while it is in our driveway being worked on, we might as well spruce her up a little! Just so she knows she is in a good home now

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but any chance that there are upholstery kits still out there for these? I am going to be doing some shopping around for local places to see what I can find.

Any tower suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I am in San Jose, CA. That site doesn't work? Either has hooichetowers.com or hoochietowers.com

Well...this weekend we made the leap. As you can see below, the boat is now gutted. I actually did not get a photo of it, but the whole floor is ripped out now. We ran into more rot than we really wanted to see...trying to figure out what to do now. All of the stringers running the length of the boat are in good shape for 95% of their length. The problem spots are where the wood ran perpendicular to the boat across the top of the stringers. Most of those are rotten and a little bit of that got to the stringers going parallel with the boat. I don't THINK it needs a full stringer job but it definitely kind of stopped us in our tracks while we try to figure this out...

Remove the cross braces and see what it is like at the intersections of the longitudinal boards. I think you may find rot there that is creeping or already creeped into the main stringers. They didn't glass in between pieces of wood so if one piece rotted, it traveled to the next. That's what I found when I tore into mine.

Thanks so much for the feedback I don't want to be redundant by writing it again, but if you are curious I went further in-depth about my stringers here: https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr.....but-now-what

sorry about that here is the number(209) 367-4557 give him a call vince is his name