Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Should I order stainless steel lag bolts

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Should I order stainless steel lag bolts
    Galvanized will probably work just as well and are actually available. Stainless lag bolts are tough to come by.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

It might seem like I have a lot of questions, but this has been a whirlwind for me. I drove 6 hours in a snow storm to look at the boat. totaled my car 1/4 mike from the place where it was stored. Drove the wrecked car back home. Got hassled by the state troopers. Whole front end was gone but he was worried about my front license plate.

Went back to get it with my truck. Pulled it home on bad tires. First guy that looks at it wants 10,000 to get her sea worthy. And thatisn't any engine work.called the guy I bought it from and asked if he would take it back. Found this forum and calmed Down some.

I am hoping the longer bolts get me through the season and that I will like her enough, actually my wife will like her enough to let me get the stringers done over the winter. I, want to work on the motor, but don't want so much power it Rips loose.

Anyone have any suggestions on someone to recover the seats? Wouldn't mind driving a little for quality work at a fair price.

Well I just saw the stainless bolts on Ebay thought that might be the way to go. But for a year or two probably aren't needed. Might do it anyways since I have some time. I want to start it but have to wait a week or so for the weather to cooperate. Plus I have been working 80 hours a week at the prison I work at.sitting in a hospital room with an inmate until 10:30 tonight boring but I have my phone and can watch TV. And getting paid time and a half. can pay for the stringers fairly quick working a lot of ot.