• Supra

16 88.89%
  • MC

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra owners opinion needed - X30 vs 22 SS

Hello,

I am narrowed down to 2 boats. They are at the same price
    2007 22 Supra Sunsport - 1800lbs ballast (200 hours)

or

2006 Mastercraft X30 - 1200lbs ballast (200 hours)

Both are in similar shape. I take my boys out wakeboarding, my wife skis, and I am a SURFER.

I want to know if you Supra owners would go Supra again over the MC option that I have. Honestly I feel both are good boats, but I have few questions on the Supra that being : The love seat chair I am still getting used too, and bags vs tanks. (pros vs cons)

Thanks for any thoughts. I really like the Supras, but the MC sure get a lot of props from the MC snobs.
    Last edited by riptide; 02-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.

I like both.

I have a Supra 21V so I'm partial to the Supra.
    But, I have ridden behind the X30 and I like the wake better than the 22.
    The X30 will use more fuel from my experience.
    I prefer the hard tanks over the bags.
    The MC will have more electrical issues from what I have seen/heard.
    I would have to flip a coin and never look back.

Good Luck!! Enjoy whatever you decide

Oh man, tough choice.

I'm a big fan of the love seat chair and it seems like someone is always sitting in it when people are behind the boat.
    If you are a surfer the ballast upgrade is a simple unplug the old, plug in the new. No messing with external filling, all at the switch.
    Does the Supra have a Z5 bc that is a nice option.

Gonna be a tough choice but I don't think you will regret either, unless the "name" means something to you.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I owned a 2008 Supra Sunsport. Its a great boat, however, I did have a few complaints. The wakeboarding wake is very hard to get cleaned up under 22.5mph, the loveseat takes a big chunk of the center of the boat up, but is nice when people are boarding. The 2007 ballast system is terrible, sprinkler valves and on rule pump, slow and not reliable... this is why in 2009 they went to impeller pumps. The surf wake is decent, but not as good as the x30. The x30 also has a very nice wakeboarding wake. Don't let ballast weight fool you on wake sizes, its proper ballast weight distribution that achieves large wakes. I even added the 750 bags to the locker and never could get a great surf wake... The X30 is a bigger boat with more space, hard tank ballast which I prefer over the bag system.... The downfall to the Sunsport is you only get 400 lbs in center bag, the launch will have 650lbs, expandable to 1100 which makes a huge difference.

I would recommend taking them both out to truly see what will work better for you and your family.. Fill the ballet systems, look at the wakes at all speeds, see how weight sensitive the boats are. Its pretty tough to not lean towards the MasterCraft, but you will need to decide.
    Last edited by Fman; 02-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I have owned 4 boats since 2001. My first boat was a Ski Centurion, then a 2003 Master Craft x-2, 2007 Supra 21 Launch 21V and now have a 2011 Supra 21V. I have loved my
    Supras. I use my boats tons, about 250 hours a year. I was not impressed with the MC at all with how it held up when it came to the interior, electronics, etc. When i went to replace it I about passed out at the new price tag so i went to Supra!

To say the least since i am on my second supra i am way impressed with them! My supra held up much better then my master craft did, for sure!

Google search each boat and select discussions on the left side you should get tons of results. This is what I always do whenever I am wondering about a certain boat. It helps because you get results from all the forums and you don't have to wait for anyone to reply. Just did a search and there was a ton of info on each boat.

I don't have much to add on to what people have said above but one thing I would consider is that the Supra might produce a flatter ski wake at higher speeds for your wife. I'm pretty sure the Supra hull towards the stern is flatter than the X30's so your wake will be a little better for skiing. Just something extra to consider, you truly can't go wrong!

If you're a guy that likes tinkering with things and having a project then maybe upgrading the ballast of the Supra to impeller pumps and bigger bags would be a fun time for you.

Also, you should send us links to pics of both boats! Then you'll really get the responses flowing.

blue_supra 2007.jpgMCx30.jpg

Good idea: Here is what I am looking at.

If that's a Z5 bimini on the Supra, and I believe it is, get the Supra.

Aside from that, I personally like the looks of the Supra better, but that's obviously just personal preference.