Default People talking about Supra rebuilding stringers

Have have seen some vague articles here and there about Supra actually redoing the stringers in older boats. Any news on this and what the going rate is?

Default People talking about Supra rebuilding stringers

I contacted Supra, and whoever the fella was that I talked to (repair department) was not aware of Supra ever repairing or replacing wooden stringers. I hit a dead end with them, but found a fiberglass guy locally who quoted me $2000 if I bring the boat to him stripped and ready to split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supra never did stringer repair. They may have sub-contracted the work out but the factory never did any repair work. One of their local go to guys is no longer in business. (Thank Goodness!)
    He ended up being a scam artist!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I'm paying a guy $2500 locally and he is doing it all and replacing the transom carpet, etc. I had a boat repair place quote me $10K and another $8K, so shop around, oh and i called Supra and they said they never did that...

Make sure they take pics at every step and visit often . A stringer job is a lot of work 2500 is not much money you should watch them very closely before everything gets covered up with decking and carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Make sure they take pics at every step and visit often . A stringer job is a lot of work 2500 is not much money you should watch them very closely before everything gets covered up with decking and carpet.
    ^^ Note this advise. $2500 is not a lot for the amount of work and the supplies to do this. Nasty chemical work.
    You do not want to get any 'misunderstandings' and find out later they did not replace something like a stringer for your motor mount to attach to.
    If you did not see what they removed and replaced, when your stringner/motor mount is worthless, you will be ripping the boat apart again.

M-

Still have the double captains seat?

the captains seat?IMG_1250.JPG this one?

or this?IMG_1235.jpg It didn't come with a double captain's seat, this single captain's seat and the "loveseat" type seat on the passenger side facing backward

Sorry, man. I was looking for a Saltare double seat.
    I must have posted this in the wrong thread.