Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DONT FORGET TO PUT SNAP RINGS BACK

SET ASSEMBLY ASIDE AND FLIP YOUR TRANS TO REPLACE REAR SEAL AND GASKET REMOVE COUPLER NUT

i was curious as to where you have been lively! looks like you been busy though lol

SET ASSEMBLY ASIDE AND FLIP YOUR TRANS TO REPLACE REAR SEAL AND GASKET REMOVE COUPLER NUTand so my kit did not come with springs so i have to wait till they come in to install the reverse clutch and the rest of the assembly ... will update with pics when i do get them

-lively-

Quote Originally Posted by bens250ex View Post
    i was curious as to where you have been lively! looks like you been busy though lol
    yeah man i have been so swamped with side work and rain that the floor with be screwed on and glassed and painted this week , and then its going to the paint shop for a new look while i recover the interior ..

Wow!!! That's a great walk through. Good job on stopping to take pics step by step. Did you have rebuild instructions for the transmission? Hats off to you if you did all that with no guide. I consider my self fairly mechanically inclined but to takle something like that I would have to have some intructions. If I didn't, I would have left over parts when I put it back together, haha.

yes i had the rebuild manual , just never could find a rebuild on the internet ... so there ya go

Hey, Lively....just sent you a PM. I live in Ft.Worth, too, and have the same exact Velvet Drive that MAY need rebuilding. If so, I need to git 'er dun before end of this month! Hope we can keep in touch.

Nice thread, it's always really helpful to have stuff like this to refer to when you have to tackle rebuilds.

These velvets are very simple drivelines , just pay attention to your snap rings and the friction plate gaps , very important to set
    The gap per manual or it will slip and you will have to pull apart and rebuild again .. I hope this helps out ... and good luck. !!
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY