Hybrid View

Default Pics of the Piratta

Here are some pics of the '89 piratta I brought home this weekend.

piratta1.jpgpiratta2.jpgpiratta3.jpgpiratta4.jpgpiratta5.jpg

Some questions I have. Does the engine look original? Exhaust manifolds original?

Has two spots for batteries. Did it just have two, one for a back up and you would switch the cables if needed? Or were both wired in?

Anyplace to find a service manual? Or any literature on this boat.

Anyone else have a piratta? I was thinking I would like a tower eventually just wondered how it would look with one and what type would look good. Of course that is down the road after the stringers are repaired.

That does look like the stock engine and risers. The intake/carb is a little funky but that's probably just because most of these are not running the original carbs by now.

I think they only had 1 battery from the factory. 2 batteries is a very common upgrade (especially once you start upgrading the stereo.) You wire in both batteries with a perko switch and some kind of automatic charging switcher. One battery is kept in reserve for starting and the other one runs all accessories. Lots of info about this on the forums.

I'm not sure that any kind of service manuals ever existed for these boats (at least not any that have shown up online.) Planet Nautique has some manuals for PCM engines from similar years which are VERY useful. http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/co...Owners-Manuals
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

351 Cleveland
    8 bolt 2-plane valve covers
    small 14mm spark plugs

this is the motor you have , heads are bigger on the clevelands than the windsors ..
    stock carbs were holleys ,

take a look underside of exhaust manifolds to look for cracks or loose or corroded Allen head bolts ... i just ordered both risers and manifolds for mine ..
    also check your trans and see if its a velvet drive or not .. and last but not least check ur stringers ... witch i think u got the heads up already on that .. boat looks good and for the price that u got it for it deff seems fair ... interior is fun !! lol

Hey i was also wondering if you could take some measurements of that angled spotters seat ?, i want to build one for my sunsport just need some measurements to get a
    ruff draft drawn up ?

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    351 Cleveland
    8 bolt 2-plane valve covers
    small 14mm spark plugs
    Eh? This is a big block 454. Note the distributor location.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Willbe happy to get some measurements of the seat.