Default 1985 supra saltaire stringer/floor problem alignment!

this has to be the best place to come for this issue. i hope someone can help!
    i just purchased this 85 or 86 saltaire(cant quite remember the year). it was purchased with the top unattached and the floor and foam ripped out already as everything was rotten. Replacing the stringers/floor isnt a problem as ive done both before. the problem is with this particular boat all that was left glassed to the sides are the ledges that the inner wall bottoms screwed to. before we started tearing stuff up even more , we ran a 3/4 inch piece of scrap across the stringers and up against the wall to see where the floor would hit the wall. we were expecting that the floor board should sit directly underneith the "wall mounting tab" so that the wall would sit on top of the floor and beside the tab(screw the wall into this tab). the floor board scrap butts up dead even to this tab covering the old screw holes for the sides!!!!....if we put the scrap board Under the tab(where one would think it should go) and try to push it down on the opposite side to lay on the stringers, the tab wants to bend up and the deck scrap wood wants to bend also!!!!CONFUSED!!!!could the boat have sagged that much being apart for a few months!!?are both the floor and wall secuing tab supposed to be on the same plane with an access "gap" of a couple inches in between?.ive never seen the boat together.

i cant find any clear pics and have to get this right! can anyone help?

pics would be nice. i'm having trouble imagining what's happening.

one thing to keep in mind is that in later years, the inner walls don't get screwed to the floor. the walls just sit on the floor. some of us have experienced issues with the new floor being a little high. the side walls prevent the cap from settling down all the way. a little trim along the bottom of the inner walls solved that problem. would trimming your inner walls help?

Pics are needed its hard to grasp what your talkin about

its at a friends barn right now(more room to work on it). ill take pics of what the issue is and post them as soon as i get up there today

yeah, it's hard to completely describe with words or understand from description - but I'll try to explain how my 89 was...

The floor width was such that the top of the floor went full width, port to starboard, just shy of touching the hull wall and was tabbed to the hull with glass around the entire perimeter. The bottom of the vertical inner wall of the top cap sat right at the top of the floor. There was a ~2"x2" piece of wood glassed into the top of the floor/hull joint (behind the inner wall of the top cap) that ran along the length from the aft end of the cap liner wall to about where the observer and driver seats mount. The top cap is screwed through the cap liner wall into the 2x2 backer.

I screwed up & ended up with the floor too high at the rear so that the cap wouldn't sit down on the hull because of interference of the cap liner wall with the floor. I just trimmed the bottom of the cap liner wall ~1/4-1/2" so that the cap would shoebox on the hull. Hope this helps, but let us know...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____