Default 1987 Supra Saltare

I think I finally found the boat. 1987 Supra Saltare with around 850 hours with a 454. My question is how will this boat be in a lake that is only about 7ft deep max? Also, how bad is this motor for gas?
    Is this a good boat overall?
    Thanks
    boattt.jpg

Also, Would i be able to tow this with just a 1998 F-150?

Saltare's are really nice boats. Your question about the lake, 7ft is plenty of water to run that boat, but you might have a concern about your skiers/wakeboarders when they crash in shallow water (something around 5 feet). As for the gas . . . . it's a 454. Big block guys usually don't worry about gas, but then when it comes to my boat I don't either!

Here's the important thing to look for . . .
    1. Are the stringers/floor in good shape and has it been rebuilt
    2. Are the stringers/floor in good shape and has it been rebuilt
    3. Are the stringers/floor in good shape and has it been rebuilt

Anything else can be remedied pretty easily. If it does need stringers and floor, just make sure you are up for that and you buy it right. Send us some more pics!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

7ft? that sounds like a really shallow pond, lol. Im sure the Saltare will be fine in it but if it got much lower it would be rough. I never take my boat in anyhting less than 3.5 ft. I can't imagine you would get a good wake in 7ft. most of the time it needs to be about 10 ft for a nice, clean wake.
    The 454 rightly tuned will get about 6GPH. It holds a 48 gallon tank. Overall, that is a great boat. Very roomy, and alot of power to do whatever you want to do.
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

An F150 with a V8 and the right gears would be fine to tow - depending on the terrain.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Would just be picking it up and bringing home about 2.5 hours away, and on freeway/highway.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by wspeedin View Post
    7ft? that sounds like a really shallow pond, lol. Im sure the Saltare will be fine in it but if it got much lower it would be rough. I never take my boat in anyhting less than 3.5 ft. I can't imagine you would get a good wake in 7ft. most of the time it needs to be about 10 ft for a nice, clean wake.
    The 454 rightly tuned will get about 6GPH. It holds a 48 gallon tank. Overall, that is a great boat. Very roomy, and alot of power to do whatever you want to do.
    Will's right. Shallow lakes tend to get choppy. I cruised on a shallow lake in Ohio one time and the chop was nasty - with very little wind. Not a good place to wakeboard in my opinion. Pretty lake to look at though.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

The lake that Finka is talking about is actually a chain of lakes. The Fox Chain of Lakes to be exact which is where I boat sometimes and also where I shot the video from the amphibian back in October. There are some lakes that have plenty of depth but some of the other lakes can get pretty shallow. Grass lake for instance is really a pond that they dredge a few channels so people can get to other lakes. Anyways, the chain is always packed with bigger boats that draft way more water than a Saltare will ever draft and they have no issues.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

No worries. At low tide I've been known to ride in as little as 4'. Usually I'm around 8'-14' at my usual spot depending on tide. Deeper spots are closer to 20'. At low tide on busy day the only way to get good water is go back where it's shallow and unmarked, people are afraid to go there at low tide. Regardless, wake won't be as nice but you're not gonna hit anything riding in an average depth of 7'.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    At low tide I've been known to ride in as little as 4'.
    That's what I'm talking about. At our lake it gets down to 3'-5' at the end of the season. As long as you don't mind walking your boat out through the chocolate syrup, the lake is all yours!!! Needless to say I'm the only one out there form mid. Aug to Oct.