Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 88 comp ts6m tower

im new to this forum, well any forum, so im a little shakey at this. but i have an 88 comp that i bought about 2 years ago. all the seats were rotten and the stripeing was a mess. someone tryed to buff the decalls and wore all the color off. after two years i finally got her running the way i want her, i rebuilt all the seats and replaced the stripeing. i did all the work myself. my brother and i fabed up a pylon and it worked great. but im sick of all there boards on the floor of my boat, as its not a very big boat and seating is limited. so im planphoto.JPGing on moveing up to a tower. im on a low budget and i was planing on buying an ice tower from big air wakeboard towers. anyone have this tower. or any recomodations for me. i like this style tower.i think it will look great on my boat. not sure how all this forum stuff works but i guess we will find out.

wow that picture ended up in an odd place lol

Not sure which tower you're referencing. Do you have a link to share?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I have seen a board rack that fits on the extended pylon, Installing a tower on a comp boat may hurt you on resale . It has the sexiest lines on the water and I wouldn't do any permanent changes to mess that up. My opinion but your boat so do what you want.

http://www.bigairwaketowers.com/towers/ice/. That's the link to the tower I was planing on getting. The company has been extremely helpful, they even sent me a picture of it on a comp, look prety sweet. I'd load it up but my computer is down and this forum is not I phone friendly. It's a single bar tower, so it won't be as strong as a twin bar, but we are not that hard core of riders so it sould last a ling time, I think.

IMHO I would keep what you got and try to find a board rack for that pylon. I would have to agree with Michael Hunter, your boat looks good how it is. However, that's jsut my opinion and you know what they say about those, right?
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

That's a good deal on a tower. Not my favorite tower design, but looks great for something under $1000. Ultimately, choose the look that you like. As wspeedin says, everyone has an opinion.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I'm favorable to towers, it gives a new look to old boats, no more waste time to mount the pylon, and with racks, no more loose place in the boat.
    I like the Ice tower design, it will look good on the ts6m, IMO
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

I ordered up the tower should be here in three days. Unfortanitly I have no time to install, but when it's done I'll post

photo.jpg this is a boat similar to mine, and this is the tower i ordered, it should look just like that but on a black boat.