Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which Boat to buy?

I have been looking for a Ski boat for a couple of months and posted a few different boats on here. I was to slow and missed them all. I found one that I am going to look at but never heard of it before.
    It is 1989 20 FOOT ELITE SKIER BOAT WITH 350V8 MOTOR,SMALL BLOCK MERCRUSIER INBOARD. Open bow with lower hours. Pretty good condition. $4000.
    Anyone ever hear of these?
    Would mainly use to wakeboard and tube.
    Any ideas?
    boat.jpg
    Last edited by michael hunter; 03-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Might be a good starter boat. Not sure of the maker or the construction methods of the stringers. Make sure everything is dry and look at the cusions of the boat to see the general condition of the structural members. Always inspect the motor mounts and wiring.

Good or great deals do not last and get ready to pounce when the right deal comes along. As for me it looks ok but it will have the limitations of the Comp.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I believe its made by Marlin

In the 80s almost every builder was trying to build an inboard Sea Ray,Bayliner And even Cobalt . This boat is probably in that group the Mercruiser power train is solid enough there may be some issues with replacement boat parts. It looks like a ski boat so it probably wont produce a huge wake . At 4k it looks like a good deal just be careful and check it out thoroughly floors stringers etc.

yeah it's a good boat but don't stay on my opinion try to gather as much as info about it and buy it

I would stay away from no name or who? boats. They have zero resale value unless you give it away low enough that someone cant pass it up. For $4000 you can find a lot of supras that have good resale value and then later you can recover some of what you have spent. Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

I am on a pretty tight budget and can seem to find any supras or etc around. Ill take a look at it and shall see.

As is said above resale is a problem.
    There is an 86 american skier near me that has been for sale for around 5 years.

She looks like a 2001 hull just without the name nobody seams to want it at $3700

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

What is your location? I've been doing some searching for some other people so I've seen tons of great boats for sale.

Wisconsin, but willing to travel a little bit for a decent boat.