Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SUPRA WOODY fun project

Check out my woody project i cant get this website to work for some reason go on craigslist nh under boats and type in supra woody check it out its a cool ride

2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

HOLY SHITBALLS MAN!!!!! Please post WAY more pictures!!!

Did you do the work yourself?
    Did you use all new wood composites gelled into the glass to make it seamless?
    Did you use wood through out the interior rebuild?
    Have the stringers been redone?

Sexy, sexy, sexy! Obviously a work of love. I used to build cedar strip canoes, but can't imagine what went into that beauty??? Got any more pics anywhere?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

ha ha !! i like the holy SHITBALLS lol ha ha ha , love the boat !! its deff a piece of art !

Beautiful. I'm pretty sure he started a build thread with photos about 2 years ago.... I remember looking at the very early stages of this but I'm sure those photos are gone, now.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Thanks. Totally gutted stringers were great. Cross stringers new then all new from floor up. No foam. I did all the work myself. Hull is blue imron runs great. Quick. New tranny ect. Custom windscreen using some of the original metal name on the transom is in copper leaf. All new trusses epoxy and two layers of cross laid plywood covered with 3/4" mahogany epoxy and screwed from under. Many coats of varnish then buffed out. Looks nice in the sun. It's so fun to drive and to ride in the rear cockpit. It's low to the water which makes it so awesome. I hate to sell it but I need more of a work boat I will send more pics when I get a min. Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Really? The Supra Purist likes this? I don't get it. Only thing Supra is the two wave logo on the back.

I understand it from an artistic point of view, but from a Supra fan POV...I'll pass. I would have spent my money on a real woody.
    I know, I'm a hipocrite. But next to Supra's I'm a wood fan. Garwoods, Chris-Crafts, etc. One of those will be my next build. And while yes, he did kill a traditional Supra in the process, that is a true ORIGINAL. For that kind of custom work, I can appreciate the work and design that went into it.

Sweet mother of awesome! I'd love to see some larger more detailed pictures of the work, looks really great!

Does look cool

Did you do for any reason other than being different.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape