Hybrid View

Default Milky Bilge water

Hi all. I recently purchased a new Supra 22V Sunsport. I took on a fair amount of water this pass weekend due to rough water conditions. When using the Bilge pump I noticed the water was a very milky white colour. This normally means a mixture of Oil and Water. If so, were could this oil be coming from? Or is something to do with it being new boat, and the bilge being used for the first time?

Planning on letting the dealer look at it, but would like to hear if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thank

Keith

When you say milky water...... Can you describe. Was it like Whole Milk? Skim Milk? Watered down milk? Chocolate Milk?
    When you see milky oil it will look like chocolate milk and it will be in the engine block. Most likely not in the bilge. I have seen bilge water be a dirty or even water down skim milk, but never a thick milky. Most likely buffing compounds and other residues left in the hull? Describe more about the color of the milk. Also did you check your oil and that is all good?

Milky oil in the bilge is usually just from soap or cleaning detergent. I typically dump a cup of phosphorous-free laundry soap in my bilge every time we go out. Helps keep it clean down there (since my old girl isn't exactly water-tight anymore.)
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I had the same problem... Mine is a 02 and my oil lines coming from the oil filter going to the engine was dripping... It made one hell of a mess too...