Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The wake at around 22 with the plate all the way down is flat nice for an old wanabe skier like myself. With the plate all the way up no ballast is good for me then again I just made the change from a 4cyl I/O so almost any thing looks huge.

Im 6'2 about 210 I can change out of my wet suit up there. My 3yo loves it say he likes dads new boat with the bed room.
    The plan as of now is to put one of the flyhigh mastercraft openbow sacks up there I hope if it doesnt make it ride to low.

Thats what got me the thing looks fast just sitting on the trailer.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    I’m curious how is the water ski wake behind and Mariah / Bravura compared to a Comp. If I were to change boats to get more room I would probably pick one of these two, Bravura being my first choice. I know most people would rather have an Open bow but I’m not most people. I’ve always liked that low sleek look . And how much room is in the bow of a bravura is there enough room to lay down.
    The wakes are very similar. I was always impressed when I put it at 30mph and the wake would be very small and crisp with the trim tab UP versus down or mid-level for a skiier. When I put it mid-level, and got up to 35mph, the wake was barely there. Great boat for skiing behind.

There will be a bit more room, but not as much as you think. A lot of the length comes in at the bow and width. Plus the seats on my Mariah are the split-V seats that can really only hold two people comfortably. Versus the comp with the rear bench. One of the reasons I like the Sunsports so much vs. the Saltares. Sunsports have the rear bench. Saltares have the V-split seats. The boat is wider than a Comp so it is bigger. The freeboard is not much more than an inch or two more than the Comp.

As for the bow space, yeah if you're not a big person you could lay in there, if it's completely empty. But your head would be sticking out the hatch area. I could lay down in my Mariah with my toes at the tip of the cushions in the bow, and my head was right there where the center walk through ended and the main floor started. But I wouldn't recommend it. It's more for storage.

Damn Haugy, she sure was one fine looking boat! Hope you don't miss her too much. I think the Comp was the sexiest closed bow on the water & the Mariah took top honors for open bow.

If you don't like the rear corner seats in the Salt, change em out for a bench. Wotan's has one & I'm doing similar to mine - although based on posts in other threads, I may be wading into sacrilegious Supra waters...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Hello Haugy....Boy, you have quite a reputation when it comes to Mariah's. I'm desperately looking for one. It has to be really clean and I'm willing to pay the price. Age dictates that I don't want repairs and I know just cruise and take in the scenery. My water ski days are over.
    If you have anything to sell or can assist me in a purchase it would be greatly appreciated.
    Look forward to your reply, Roy
    [email protected]
    Phone: 1-867-873-5080

Thank you for your reply. I’ve been curious about the Mariah and Bravura four years. Where I boat it’s about 2 hours to the next big city and I don’t see very many Super owners. There are two Sunsport owners neither of which appreciate what they have and one comp, besides me. I live deep in Master Kraft country. PS nice Mariah
    Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    The wakes are very similar. I was always impressed when I put it at 30mph and the wake would be very small and crisp with the trim tab UP versus down or mid-level for a skiier. When I put it mid-level, and got up to 35mph, the wake was barely there. Great boat for skiing behind.

There will be a bit more room, but not as much as you think. A lot of the length comes in at the bow and width. Plus the seats on my Mariah are the split-V seats that can really only hold two people comfortably. Versus the comp with the rear bench. One of the reasons I like the Sunsports so much vs. the Saltares. Sunsports have the rear bench. Saltares have the V-split seats. The boat is wider than a Comp so it is bigger. The freeboard is not much more than an inch or two more than the Comp.

As for the bow space, yeah if you're not a big person you could lay in there, if it's completely empty. But your head would be sticking out the hatch area. I could lay down in my Mariah with my toes at the tip of the cushions in the bow, and my head was right there where the center walk through ended and the main floor started. But I wouldn't recommend it. It's more for storage.