Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely not a slow boat by any means. It's got the same performance, but it will feel a bit heavier. The Sunsports I've driven were all very quick, and handled great. Now my big ole Saltare definitely is a big boat, but the 454 still makes it jump up fast.

The Comp is like a ferrari, the Sunsport will be like a pickup truck. The Comp will be fast and handle well, but you can only do so much with it. The Sunsport will handle well, can go fast, but can haul and can tow, and is much roomier.

187 hours on a 1990 Mariah???? That boat should be in pristine shape, or is a wreck. Post some pics of the boats you're looking at. I understand if you don't want to show the direct links, that's fine. But show us the pics of the boats. It's amazing what we can tell just from looking at them.

There is no question that the Sunsport would by my first choice. While I loved my old Comp, I would not recommend that to someone if a bigger brother is available.

Haugy,

turns out that it's actually a 1991.1.jpg1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Great color. I'm in full support of what Haugy pointed out. The bow will take some pretty small waves over the bow and it's near impossible to get a wave out it. Nice family boat for all purpose on a lake that doesn't get really rough.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

I vote Sunsport

86 Century,

does you mariah really take water over the bow like I've been hearing? In your experience do the back seat passengers get a lot of spray?

Quote Originally Posted by murnmill View Post
    86 Century,

does you mariah really take water over the bow like I've been hearing? In your experience do the back seat passengers get a lot of spray?
    Yes, on both counts. If you weren't careful you would take tons of water over the bow. I accidentally did it from time to time. But it was annoying having to gas it real quick if big waves were coming. In some situations you look like a jerk, and it beats the crap out of you too.

If the water was smooth, and I mean glass smooth, the passengers in my back seat would stay dry. But if there was any kind of wind and chop, they were getting drenched.

One of the reasons I like my Saltare now, dry to the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    One of the reasons I like my Saltare now, BAD to the bone.
    There, fixed it for you Haugy.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    There, fixed it for you Haugy.
    Nice.

And for those reading and learning, please don't take my comments on the Mariah as negative. I really do miss mine. That boat never failed me, and always did everything that I needed from it. I had some of the best memories on that boat. Coyote ugly girls hanging from the tower half naked, girls sitting on the tower in bikinis, sunning on the back, taking some friends of mine from Australia out on the water in TN for a good time. Even met my wife on that boat.

They, just like all the older Supras are magnificent boats. But they each have their purpose and suited skillset. As many are looking for cruisers and wakeboard boats, or both. I try to inform people about these boats as best as possible so that these old classics find a happy owner, not a dissappointed one. The Comps/Conbrios and Mariah/Bravuras are very awesome boats.

I am yet to take water over the bow but with only an hours worth of use I would say it is more of a when not if.

The back seats are a wet ride in a windy chop.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Nice.

And for those reading and learning, please don't take my comments on the Mariah as negative. I really do miss mine. That boat never failed me, and always did everything that I needed from it. I had some of the best memories on that boat. Coyote ugly girls hanging from the tower half naked, girls sitting on the tower in bikinis, sunning on the back, taking some friends of mine from Australia out on the water in TN for a good time. Even met my wife on that boat.

They, just like all the older Supras are magnificent boats. But they each have their purpose and suited skillset. As many are looking for cruisers and wakeboard boats, or both. I try to inform people about these boats as best as possible so that these old classics find a happy owner, not a dissappointed one. The Comps/Conbrios and Mariah/Bravuras are very awesome boats.
    I’m curious how is the water ski wake behind and Mariah / Bravura compared to a Comp. If I were to change boats to get more room I would probably pick one of these two, Bravura being my first choice. I know most people would rather have an Open bow but I’m not most people. I’ve always liked that low sleek look . And how much room is in the bow of a bravura is there enough room to lay down.