Default Pirata shaft angle

Got an '89 Pirata, anyone know the prop shaft angle? I tried to use a paper "wedge" to check between the bottom and prop shaft but it didn't seem real accurate.....

Why do you need it? Is this to replace your strut? I've seen that struts are stamped with the angle. Look for a "14" or "16" etc.

Yep, thinking of replacing the strut since it was a salt water boat.

Quote Originally Posted by 5akman View Post
    Yep, thinking of replacing the strut since it was a salt water boat.
    Ahh... how bad is it? Not something you can run on a wire wheel to clean up? I have a boat that was in salt water its whole life and the underwater gear look fine. Of course there was an anode on it... did yours have one?

It was bonded on the inside of the boat to all the other gear. I was also thinking of revisiting my desire to turn it into a v drive as I had started to do last fall...

Post some pics. I love the Pirata. I've been looking for interior pics of it.

V-drive would be cool. You'd have so much room. Are there any existing V-drive conversions in the forums here? I remember someone did a SN 2001 that turned out really nice.

would be great to see someone convert an old supra to v drive. lots have talked about it but no pics so far.

skidim shows a 14 degree angle for many supras. their site says it should be stamped. the number of mounting holes helps too.

they show different angles for v drives...15 degree.

I was thinking the tournament boats were in the 15* range so that info sounds correct. A traditional v drive is more along the lines of 8-12*. I'm trying to draw the layout with autocad considering the use of a traditional v drive box such as a casale. I believe the stringers are tall enough to keep the box and driveline under the floor.....

Default Pirata shaft angle

Most vdrive comp boats that I see come through the shop are at around 14*. Flaty vdrive race boats are from 8 -12.