Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

It's always worth reviving an old thread when you're adding photos.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I love seeing the other pride and joy people have. AKA tow vehicle. And if i'm right about my old saltare it will be damn near the same color as my truck after i get rid of the oxidation.

I'm late to the party too but here are my last two setups. 2003 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6! Only good under 50 mph. Pretty much used it to go the 5 miles from the storage unit to the launch. Current set up 2006 Dodge Ram HEMI Lonestar. I can no transport the boat over long distances at highway speed.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Here you go!!! Oh wait, the title of this thread wasn't "Noisiest ugliest tow vehicles"????? Oops. That's a shame cause I'd be in the running for that. Good thing is it tows the little Supra like it's a pop up camper, it gets decent mileage doing it, it's still going strong at almost 300k miles and it hasn't had a payment in a long time. Need to get it painted sometime. Been working on a '66 Dodge A100 pickup for a bunch of years but I doubt it will replace Big Ugly for towing duties.

Maxine and big ugly.jpg

Maxi2 and big ugly.jpg

I'd apologize for the bad picture quality but it looks better that way most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kma4444 View Post
    Here you go!!! Oh wait, the title of this thread wasn't "Noisiest ugliest tow vehicles"????? Oops. That's a shame cause I'd be in the running for that.

Well, with a boat that looks that good, I doubt many people even notice the tow vehicle. I'm sure it tows great, so you're good to go.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I agree, when I hooked up the new boat, the SEXY factor went way way way up!

I'm thinking some paint on the old Dodge to match the boat.... Diesels are made to be noisy, straight pipe it and slide the fuel plate forward.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Default Re: Coolest tow vehicles!

I, too, dig the 242 behind the old Cummins. Looks great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Well that's certainly a lot more positive than I expected, pretty cool all. Yeah I was thinking about doing a paint scheme that would go with the '42. And the red is a lot better on it than the truck. Don't get me wrong I like my old truck, it does a great job and just rattles along. It has a 4" exhaust, the 5" had a drone I couldn't get rid of. It has +150hp injectors and an Edge comp fuel box. So when needed, it will really haul!

Thanks again, now to figure out a complimentary paint layout.

1992 gmc suburban 2 wheel drive - have owned since new
    1989 conbrio on custom G&M trailer.supra conbrio 1.jpgtruck.jpgtruck and boat 1.jpg