Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

No well we got some seats recovered but not the hole thing if we did the boat would be red and black. But it has green trim around the interior.

Hey, I recognize that parking lot at Rocky Creek. Now I know who has the other 89 Supra on Somerville...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

yeah thats it haha rocky creek hoping to get the new trans in tomarrow.

Don't know if it's still "cool" with the camper shell, but here's my tow pig in action - 2010 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7 launchin on the maiden test voyage.

Last edited by sybrmike; 03-15-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

I think Cummins trumps camper shell, so you're good!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Completely awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    You wouldn't even be close! Here's how my evolution has gone in the last year....

1993 Ford F250. Nickname: Big Damage. Rusty but trusty (sometimes.) Beaten with the ugly stick HARD. No locker, 2wd, loved to get stuck on wet ramps.

Then I bought this to build a "custom" tow rig. Since I only tow ~1 mile in each direction and less than 30mph... I figured this one would be up to the task.
    1948 Chevy Thriftmaster. Nickname: Old Damage. Rusty and untrusty. 216 straight 6. Dually rear wheels. HUGE drum brakes. Took forever to get going, took forever to turn, gears clanked and without power steering or brakes it was a nightmare to drive. Never actually attempted to tow with it after just trying to get it hooked up to the boat proved incredibly difficult.

Sold both of those beaters last month... and.... now.... drum roll?

77 Ford F-250 Highboy. 460 w/ all the upgrades and plenty of off road bits. 4x4. Excited to try and pull with it! Just got it... haven't detailed it, yet....

Working on buying a '67 Bronco to pull the Supra. Until then, this is the current two vehicle.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    Working on buying a '67 Bronco to pull the Supra. Until then, this is the current two vehicle.
    I'm really curious to see how this will work. I looked at several Broncos before buying my F250 and basically decided that the wheelbase was too short to tow that much weight. I know that your 21v is probably worlds lighter than my Saltare... but... still curious how this will work.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'm really curious to see how this will work. I looked at several Broncos before buying my F250 and basically decided that the wheelbase was too short to tow that much weight. I know that your 21v is probably worlds lighter than my Saltare... but... still curious how this will work.
    Having owned both a 1996 and a 1971 i can tell you that the 96 would do just fine but i wouldn't tow any distance with the 71. It's just to light and very very short. But damn it would look good.

I would just love to see an early model Bronco ( painted red / black ) tow the Supra. We only tow about 2 miles to the lake, but it would be a fun vehicle to truck to the lake in that short distance. Take the doors off, grab the cooler out of the back. . okay now I'm dreaming about it. . .

Long hauls to other lakes and Supra Reunions would definitley be the Denali.

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC