Default Started the 454 today.

Just had to know if it ran, since I bought it without ever hearing it run. Took it up put 10 gallons of gas in the tank, a can of seafoam, and brought it back and started messing with it. I put the plugs back in, two in the manifold, and two in the heads. I used the plunger looking device to pump water to the cooling system. I didn't really like or trust it. Didn't seem to be getting water to the engine well enough. So I did let it run long. I cranked it a few times with out much response. Then she fired and died quickly a couple times. Then she started and ran rather well. Man does it sound good. And ran very smooth. I didn't run it long as I didn't think enough water was getting to it. But I am confident that if I take her to the lake and run her a while she will be fine. So I guess I will have to see what the weather does and go from there. The upholstery guy sent me some pics of what he has done. Looks nice. I will post when I can.

Congrats on getting it running. As long as your temp is okay, you should be fine to run on the fake-a-lake. Show us pics of the interior when you can.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

i was hoping to start mine last weekend but ran out of time and dry skies.

have you put a new impeller in yet?

there are alternatives to the plunger on the bottom to run it on a hose. they sell a kit where you can hook your hose up to your transom.

10 mins in home depot and about $15 and you can make one. this hooks up to the transmission cooler which isn't perfect. gotta drag the end of the hose into the boat. drips a bit but what's a little water?