I have purchased a ws420 for my stock kenwood stereo for my 2007 21v. I am hoping for some installation tips on integrating with the stock system. I have the factory HU(model kts-mp400mr), 4 ch amp, sub, and tower speakers(1 pair). I started the install yesterday and noted the boat speakers(4 of them) are hard wired to the HU(not connected via RCA).

I want to connect the in boat speakers to the pre-amp for volume control, but I am unsure of the best way to do this. I am satisfied with the in-boat sound(i.e. no amp) for now.

After connecting everything (except the in boat speakers) to the preamp, I could not get the sub to work, does this have something to do with the way the HU is set up? there is a seperate output on the HU for the sub?

I know the factory set up is not the best, but I am on a very tight budget, and not much of a audio geek, some may say def-tone even. but I am trying to make the setup more family friendly, and get a little better quality/voume out of the tower speakers.

if their are inexpensive upgrades I can make to my system, please provide suggestions.

any recommendations on hooking up in-boat speakers and getting the sub to work are appreciated!