Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

We're obviously going to have a tough time finding a location that works for everyone. We have people coming up from Georgia, so going further north is going to be an issue for them as well. I think it'd be cool if someone would do the same thing up in Chicago, or somewhere up north that gives guys an option. There should be two or three of these events every year, all over the country. Daff - we've got several Canadian members here, maybe you can recommend a centralized location for a northern meet.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I just spoke to Don schnurr at Lauderdale Lakes Marine in Prairie Grove IL. He said they in the planning stages of a northern IL. southern WI. get together. There are no details or dates yet . I will keep you informed as the plans are made. His phone # is 815-788-1111 if you want to talk direct with him.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I just spoke to Don schnurr at Lauderdale Lakes Marine in Prairie Grove IL. He said they in the planning stages of a northern IL. southern WI. get together. There are no details or dates yet . I will keep you informed as the plans are made. His phone # is 815-788-1111 if you want to talk direct with him.
    Ha, you are one step ahead of me. The only potential issue I can see is that the big water that seems like the logical place to host the meet is the chain, which you have to "pay to play" sort of. Seeing as how a meet like this would be in my back yard, I would be all for it as well.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

The last reunion I attended was done by Ultimate Wake [Chicago Sea Ray] in 2010 it was held on the fox river . I think there was a small charge to use the water. You gotta love IL with a charge for everything. You wouldn't believe what it costs to use the lakes here in GA.

Mike did you get the email I sent to you?
    Clint
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I plan on driving to Chattanooga. But would be happy to try to attend a more northern event. Plenty of Nice places in Ohio and you don't have to pay to use them.

Just to clarify, you don't have to pay in Chattanooga either.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I didn't think so. Thanks... Looking forward to heading down there.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    Just to clarify, you don't have to pay in Chattanooga either.
    Right, I was mentioning the Fox Chain of Lakes in northern Illinois is a pay to play place... However, there are plenty of other nice places to host a gathering in northern Illinois. In fact, the Rock River in Rockford is fantastic in my opinion. Not too overly crowded and no fees to use anything there.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski