Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat Sank!!!

Generally they will fill the engine thru the intake mani / carb with diesel fuel or kerosene to displace the water then drained , run then oil changed and run again
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Well, if that's true then all I would do is new plugs and still do the seafoam treatment. Then change the oil. I don't trust anyone, so if I didn't change it myself, I don't assume it's been done.

Then you would be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Generally they will fill the engine thru the intake mani / carb with diesel fuel or kerosene to displace the water then drained , run then oil changed and run again
    This is the most common definition of pickling an engine. You hear this term in the marine industry as it relates to submerged engines. Very common.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Well, if that's true then all I would do is new plugs and still do the seafoam treatment. Then change the oil. I don't trust anyone, so if I didn't change it myself, I don't assume it's been done.
    Pretty much why I'm doing this. Can't ever be to safe.

Thanks docdrs and TitanTn.

I took time last night and replaced the wires and cables (I needed to do that anyways), new solenoid, new fuel filter, and changed the tranny oil. It's amazing how little I did yet it seems I was outside forever! I plan on doing the seafoam treatment and an oil change tonight to see if I can get it running again.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    This is the most common definition of pickling an engine. You hear this term in the marine industry as it relates to submerged engines. Very common.
    Or put a couple quarts of diesel in with the engine oil, for the same reason - to help remove moisture. But yeah, common term when referring to submerged engines...
    1989 Bravura - repowered with 2001 PCM 351 GT-40 - 1.23:1 PCM Trans.
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold

Ahhhhh, happily I have yet to submerge an engine completely (in a boat). So that was a new one on me.

Okay, new question.

Anyone what AMP the breaker needs to be? I'm thinking I need a new one. Also, where can I get the breaker block?

Which breaker? Hamilton Marine or Jamestown Distributors are my favorite online sources for parts like that...
    1989 Bravura - repowered with 2001 PCM 351 GT-40 - 1.23:1 PCM Trans.
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold

Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Which breaker? Hamilton Marine or Jamestown Distributors are my favorite online sources for parts like that...
    Sorry, stupid question...I got it.

So I tried to get it started and no luck - no power anywhere. Turns out my battery was dead (I had gotten a new one a while back) so I'm charging it and hopefully it will be fully charged this afternoon. Once I get the engine going I'll have to start a new thread for the restoration process to add to the nice collection already on here