Default Alternator rotation

I am in the process of upgrading my boat to a two battery system and am also upgrading my alternator to a 140 amp marine alternator from DB Electrical. I was ready to order when I noticed it is a clockwise rotation. Is that the correct rotation for a 1984 PCM 351w engine? I have been running the stock motorola 37 amp. I am now second guessing myself. Can anyone set me straight so I can order it?

thanks
    Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

Not sure on rotation! Your the only other person beside myself that I ve heard putting a bigger amp Alernator in there boat. Had mine built for $180. What do they charge at DB? My guy messed up on bolt demensions, taking back to him Monday at lunch , I can ask him for you about rotation. Mine is 110 amp. Already have double batteries, just want to get alternator amped up like you.
    2002 Moomba Mobius V
    Rick

Yeah, I am just in the process of upgrading to a two battery system. I found a marine alternator on the DB electrical site www.dbelectrical.com. Its a 140 amp for $139.00. No core charge and free shipping. I have used these guys in the past and they quality parts and great service. I bought a high output starter from them. It was cheap and it works very well. I am going on three years with it and no problem. So I am not concerned about the alternator. It is a Delco made part. DB electrical recommend it for running two batteries. Just not sure which rotation i need. I am sure they can answer my question tomorrow, but thought I would take a crack at it on here.
    1984 Supra Rider

I have never heard of an alternator being directional . They will work the same in either direction.

Which alternator are you getting? I just put two batteries in my 84' rider. Can you post a link?

Yea the Shop that does mine said they will charge either rotation. The reason they ask direction is in case there is a cooling blade on front.
    chautauquasun I found a marine alternator on the DB electrical site www.dbelectrical.com. Its a 140 amp for $139.00. No core charge and free shipping.
    Wish I would have gotten a hold of DB before I bought mine. The guy is good but he is so dis organized with getting your stuff back to you. OH well....
    2002 Moomba Mobius V
    Rick

Thanks guys. I thought that it didnt matter, but when I saw CW in the site it made me start to second guess myself. I am going to order it tonight. Here is the link for the alternator I am buying from DB. http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3715-n...0106-10si.aspx I had very good luck with DB electrical. I bought a starter from them 3 years ago and it has worked very well. They have great service and technical support. Let me know if you have any problems accessing the link. Thanks again.
    Dan
    1984 Supra Rider