Default Best bilge pump for my Pirata.

Looking to replace my bilge pumps. Which ones are best? Any suggestions?

Minimum 750GPH is what I suggest and I would consider running two bilge pumps at that.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

It has two so I was going to put two new one in.

Without being able to look at what I have installed, I have two of these 750 GPH pumps in my comp plus I also have a 1200 GPH pump for my ballast that I can use in an emergency.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50634
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Those are what are what I bought last night. Two of them coming...

gogger, what year is your Pirata and where are the two bilge pumps located. I have a 1988 and it has one in the front. I had it replaced when the stringer job was done last year and Donnie used a large capacity one. If figured you need one to get any misc water that might come into the boat out, but why the concern about a major flood situation. I have an old woody that will take on water daily but have never had an issue of getting it out timely. With the fiberglass boat I would think a bilge pump would be like the Maytag repairman. Good luck on the project. The Pirata is one good looking boat.

There is one right before you open the door to the cabin. I guess that is what you would call it. And then there is one behind the engine. Granted it shouldn't take on much, I wouldn't think. But better safe than sorry I suppose. I will probably take it to Donnie in the fall to have the stringers redone. I think it is a good looking boat also. Would like to see yours.