Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How are you fitting a 750 in a 2009+ 21v?

I've read on here of people fitting 750's and even 1100s in the back lockers of the 2009+ 21v. I measured and it doesn't seem like the locker is either tall enough of long enough. How are yall doing it? Do they not fill completely?

You got it, they will not be able to fill completely, also I think you have to do some structural improvements if you are going to increase the ballast amount. I own a comp so I am not speaking from personal experience, just going off of what others have said.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Bz, docdrs on this board installed 1100's and the only thing he did as a structural modification is place an angle bracket in the middle of the engine door to prevent it from bowing in. I know this because I just asked him and we've been pm'ing back and forth.

I have a 08 21v that I want to upgrade bags for. Is the rear locker size the same as in 09? I'd imagine so even though the 09 is 2 inches longer than 08.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Since we are talking sacks how big is a facory set on a 03 Launch. Mine is missing the front one. Have my eye on a 800# Launchpad 54" long and 24" wide... Would this be good or can I go bigger ??

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Daff, If you have the playpen I would think you could go bigger.

Bzubke, I'm not sure, no experience with the newer 21v.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Just from experience, the boat needs a 50/50 front to back ratio(05-08 hull, and 09 up). If your putting 2k in the ass, better find a way to put 2k in the middle/front. Otherwise the wake gets super steep and will wash out if not going really fast.

Biggest I've seen in the back of an 08 was 750's, but they were only about 75% full.

Don't know what you mean - I run 750 in rear locker of my 2009 21V with room to spare on the top and front. Fills to the brim and absolutely no problem. Maybe there are different 750's, I got mine from wakemakers. I've heard the 1100's will pop the seat up and may break the middle if not reinforced, so I kept with the smaller sacs but there is plenty of room for them.
    2009 21V

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Don't know what you mean - I run 750 in rear locker of my 2009 21V with room to spare on the top and front. Fills to the brim and absolutely no problem
    Absolutely right, but why not have the capacity to fill the space entirely if you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    heard the 1100's will pop the seat up and may break the middle if not reinforced, so I kept with the smaller sacs but there is plenty of room for them.
    Will bend the divider , if not reinforced (simple and easy mod).

Will not pop the seat or the cover up.
    Last edited by docdrs; 04-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

So NAW (good to see you posting; you're the reason I bought a Supra 21V, but I digress) if I put two 750's in the rear and an 1,100 in the playpen and use of my current 400's and fill that in the bow, I'd have an even 3k front to rear ratio. This year I need to get my wake dialed in.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Clermont, Fl (The wakeboarding capital of the world)

the rear compartments in a 21V are smaller than in a 2009+ Outback V?

Find that hard to believe. My 750's fit perfectly...with room to put a couple life jackets on top when filled