Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New board suggestion

We are looking to get a new surfboard for the family and want to get into something that is more responsive and nimble. We have been riding the Liquid Force Venture (like the fish). Staying in the Liquid Force line, what would you recommend?

We would like to be able to start getting more aggressive with riding style and do more tricks. Our boat doesn't make a huge wave, but a decent one. It is a 1989 Supra Sunsport DD.

I'd strongly consider getting the true surf board construction, forgot what its called. They are more fragile but WAY more responsive.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Are you thinking of the custom?

It looks like they have a few that are that type of construction and the skim style now...

http://www.liquidforce.com/wakesurfers.html

Seems like the custom line is really the part of their line that is foam core and laid glass...everything else tends to say compression molded which is not the true surf board construction you're talking about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    We are looking to get a new surfboard for the family and want to get into something that is more responsive and nimble. We have been riding the Liquid Force Venture (like the fish). Staying in the Liquid Force line, what would you recommend?

We would like to be able to start getting more aggressive with riding style and do more tricks. Our boat doesn't make a huge wave, but a decent one. It is a 1989 Supra Sunsport DD.
    What level do you think you are? Also what is the average weight of the family? Only reason I ask is, a foam board that is shaped and glassed like a real surf board might not work for everyone. ScottnAZ and I shaped a few and I have one that I thought was gonna be a sick board. It took me losing 35 pounds to get it to ride like it should. Now it is a rocket. Also they DING easily you can't drop them it's a gamble a month after owning it could be trashed just because how delicate they are. If you break a fin out the fin box it's a pretty major repair. Just a heads up, also stay away from any of the Ronix boards they are garbage. Doesn't LF have the balsa laminate board? That might be good for an all around family board. Nimble but durable?
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

Agree with all the talk of foam boards.

However, I own a Ronix Cortez and love it. For the price I paid for it and the fact that it's not a true surf construction, it performs really well.

Yes, I was talking about getting a foam core. It rides alot different that the compression molded boards but as mentioned, they are much more fragile.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Agree with all the talk of foam boards.

However, I own a Ronix Cortez and love it. For the price I paid for it and the fact that it's not a true surf construction, it performs really well.
    You like the Cortez, I had the Cortez and hated that thing. If you ever get on a higher end board you'll throw rocks at that thing. I ended up cutting the nose off and reshaping it. I also changed the fins and location. It then started to ride like I expected. All that led me to shape my own boards. I took the Cortez tossed it in the garbage lol. Getting the itch to shape and finish this fish I got shaped.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

I have the lakewakes Foam core board and love it. Not all but most of my friends love the board also. but it seem you either love it or hate it but you got to give it a good couple of days riding most people do not love it the first day but i feel that way with a lot of boards you gota get use to the new one.

One thing I have notice with my family we all ride the same board but it is setup for me and set up for up to 200lb the lighter weight people that ride it it seem to be responsive (touchy) so it is harder to ride.

I would recommend a foam core of sometype.

Quote Originally Posted by Hematoma View Post
    You like the Cortez, I had the Cortez and hated that thing. If you ever get on a higher end board you'll throw rocks at that thing. I ended up cutting the nose off and reshaping it. I also changed the fins and location. It then started to ride like I expected. All that led me to shape my own boards. I took the Cortez tossed it in the garbage lol. Getting the itch to shape and finish this fish I got shaped.
    Not comparing the Cortez to a high end board, I know it isn't one. But for the price I paid for it, the longevity it will have in it compared to a foam board, and the versatility it has (beginners and advanced), I feel like it does very well.

Decided to go with the Liquid Force Custom Thruster.

http://www.liquidforce.com/wakesurfe...-thruster.html