Default 2011 22ssv launch

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading everyones post for the last couple of days. I just put a deposit on a new 2011 22ssv launch. I have ridden behind an 04 sunsport and an 05 launch. I would say I thought the wakeboard wake was average on both and the wakesurf wake was pretty damn good when weighted properly. I am 34 and my wife and I still wakeboard a good bit but we will probably start wakesurfing more and more. I ride behind my buddys 07 Malibu VLX and I do love his wakeboard wake, but we could never really dial in his wakesurf wake. So after months of research and test drives, we decided that the supra was the boat for us.

Our boat has several options already:
    -) 340 cat indmar
    -) snap out carpet
    -) wrlds trailer
    -) dual batts

We are adding
    -) roswell light bar 4 speaker combo
    -) heater

Undecided about the z5 (its about 2k!!!!!)

Wanted to see what everyone thought about upgrading ballast bags to 750's in rear and 1100 up front

Also if anyone had gotten a prop upgrade. (I got one on my previous tige and it was one of the best things I ever did!!)

supra 1.jpg

I have a 2007 22SSV and absolutley love it. I started surfing last year and am hooked. I am going to be upgrading/adding weight to the rear in addition to the stock ballast. That being said, I would recommend upgrading the stock if you can afford to. Also, when I buy my next boat, a Z5 is going to be on it for sure. I ended up swapping tines out for new ones from Roswell so I could fit my surfboard. It would be nice to have it up top. The heater is nice for the kids and wife when they get chilled. I am in the process of adding tower speakers (mounted but not powered yet).
    Lavinder
    2007 22 SSV

We also opted for the upgraded prop. It's great for all we do, with a little loss on top end speed when zooming down the lake looking for smoother water.
    Lavinder
    2007 22 SSV

Welcome to the forum and nice boat. Forget the 750's and go to the 1100'S in the rear and an 1180 up front
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I have the 2011 Launch 22v and love it. The heater is a nice feature to have. Also I'm not knocking the Roswell light bar, it is nice, but alot of people have had problems with the speakers. (Me included) They just are under powered. Another note on the stereo is the kicker amps that come OEM are not marine grade amps and could go out if subjected to a moist hot environment erm like inside a boat lol. Most boat owners end up customizing it anyway. So save your money and get some wetsounds or some XM7's

I also have the z5 and do get some good use out of it. To me its a bimini that stays out of the way and keeps the kids from getting sunburt. I do use the added room for a place to put a tube and a surfboard and some other boards but we rarely have more than 4 wakeboarders at a time. Yours already has a bimini so spending the added money for the z5 doesn't seem worth it to me.

The stock ballasts will do fine, but the only way you can know if you have too much ballast is when your boat is now a submarine. Just remember with all that weight loaded up to come off plane slowly otherwise you'll get a huge tidal wave over the stern haha

Hope you enjoy your new supra, and glad to see you up on the forums too

David.
    '11 Supra Launch 22V

"What time is it anyway? It boat time."

Congrats on the purchase. I have an 07 22ssv and have loved the boat. I actually love the z5. It's one of my favorite things about my boat. I typically take 2 surfboards out (one skim style and the other surf style) and 2 personal wake boards (my wife's and mine). When friends and/or the kids come, we have the above equipment plus tubes, ski trainers, other wakeboards, even a slalom ski or 2, and everything fits with the z5. It leaves plenty of room for other items down low especially if you upgrade bags.

I typically fill 750 up in the surf side, then add a portable 400 on top of the sundeck if there are only 3 of us. We'll then add front depending on the depth of where we ride (usually up to only about 200 up front). I like a steep wave but I say fill up the surf side first, then add front to adjust the length of the wave, then add to the other side to adjust shape until you find what you like. I recommend at least 750 in rear if you plan on doing a lot of surfing. A lot of people swear by a ton of weight up front but I personally like my wave better with more in back and not much up front.

Maybe do the 750 rears (don't think the 1100 will fit in the rear), then buy a 400 from wakemakers and experiment. It's nice to have an extra bag around to play with the weighting.

I bought mine used with just 35 hrs on it and the previous owner did have a wake specific prop. Hole shot is great but top speed is bad. I've never run anything else.

Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck and enjoy!
    07 22ssv 340