Thread: Jet Ski

Default Jet Ski

So I am adding a jet ski to the family.... Which ones are they best? I am green in this area. I heard that sea doo's have alot of engine problems :lder ones:?

if you get a newer seadoo with a rotax, I don't think you'll beat it as far as reliability or fuel economy.

Most of the 2000 and up Bombardier (Sea-doo's) are very good engines, and reliable.

I've always been a Kawasaki guy. Ever since 1994. I've had some good ones, and some bad ones. I used to race Kawasaki's and they were very stout engines. They haven't done too many major changes in their very simple design, just better overall performances.

Me? I'd look at a Kawasaki first, then Sea-doo.

We have two Seadoos in the family. An RXT and an RXP, both are ridiculously fun at 215 supercharged ponies. Will easily do 70MPH on good water. I know that the family has been a seadoo family for many years now with no complaints. Depends on what kind of ride you are looking for I guess. XP's usually are a wetter ride while the GX/GXT are a more stable ride.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Had seadoos, great first 2-3 years then repairs, Yamaha and Kawasaki watercraft are are hard too beat long term. Have 2008 Yamaha waverunner 200+hours oil and plugs only things changed. All depends on new or used and how long you plan to keep it. Good Luck

STOP!!!
    Turn around quickly and go back in to the light.