Default Fire Extinguisher

Does anyone know where I can find a fire extinguisher that will fill into the extinguisher holder on a 1984 Supra Rider. I think all of the early 80 models had this feature on the starboard side of the boat. I have an extinguisher but it is too big to fit into the holder. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a new one that will fit? Strange request I know...but I figured since I can't really take the thing out I should put it back into use.

thanks
    Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

I had the same problem finding an extinguisher to fit that holder, which is why I have a storage pocket in place of the old brown extinguisher bracket. You can see the pocket behind the motor, where the extinguisher used to be.

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Mine also has the Starboard side holder, I think Walmart has the ones that will fit in. It was in there Marine section, near the auto stuff. I know I saw a couple there last year and I meant to pick one but never did. So try there first.

BTW....That motor is FILTHY! You should be ashamed letting your motor looking that way! I mean damn, did it come straight from the box like that? I knew mine looked like crap, but now I feel like I need to paint the manifolds, and everything before taking her out next weekend.
    Last edited by suprasam; 04-17-2012 at 03:31 PM.

My buddy. The side pocket was my idea and I find it very useful. I just never liked the fire extinguisher in that location, but nothing wrong with it. No problem with rigidity either. But he's not really "my buddy". Come on, man.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Mine fits in the original fire ext holder. I will get a pic. Just got it at Target I think...
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Ooops! Hit a nerve. Wasn't meant as an insult Clint. Mine was in there the same time yours was. "Buddy" was throwing ideas at me and I wasn't buying. Didn't mean to offend your idea if I did so. Just not for me, you know that.
    I just don't give any mention to his name on here or in my household. My bad.

Now will you please put the cover back on that beautiful engine so I will stop staring at it?
    I know you didn't mean to insult and after I wrote that I thought maybe i should have left it alone. No harm, no foul. I understand your disappointment in "our" buddy because although I'm happy with things now, I lost a lot of sleep 2 years ago. Not to mention a weeks vacation and $ spent while working in his shop getting things finished.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com