Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you OWN or Do you Actually Wakeboard

I was just curious do most people on here own and wakeboard or just one or the other? I have owned all kinds of boats all my life. I honestly couldn't care what type of boat that I had, as long as it got me to the lake. I sold my pontoon, and purchased my first Supra last year and have really only owned open bows, and only owned one pontoon (LOVED the space on that joker. My boat is older(85/86 Sunsport).....and I am loving it. To be honest, I love the boat lines and sleekness(if a word) more than I do than wakeboarding/skiing. I have only been skiiing behind this boat twice since owning it. Does that make me lame? HA not sure I care one way or the other, love the boat.....and I will be on the lake one way or the other. Love to see what most do on this forum.

I will always own a skiboat. God willing, a pontoon would be great too. I've driven all kinds of boats. But a skiboat will always be in my stable. The drive, the ride, the handling, the sound, etc are why I love these boats. You're down on the water, a part of it, enjoying it. Not high and dry away from it all.

I used to wakeboard much more than I do now. I put a tower on my boat as it's a great point to tow kids from with people in the boat. It also provide storage, a high anchor light, and a great location for the bimini.

I personally would prefer not to have a tower on my boat, but it's advantages outweigh my desire for looks.

So no, you're not lame. A boat is what the owner uses it for. It's not destined to fall into any category. If you use it for cruising, so be it. I know sail boats that have been out tons of times, but have never raised a sail. So what? That's what the owner wants to do with it.

I'm a water rat, and always will be. My 11month old son is already loving water, and knows how to float in water. He loves it.

You had me at the work wakeboard. Xoxo. Lmao. Your right, if it floats just do it!! Im NOT a shore guy. But everyone will have a different reason. Mine is motion..or being in motion, the wind, the water, the fear of being on the edge, thats my drug. Forget all that crap they sell on the street. Thats kid stuff! You cant buy this one, you have to earn it. It takes hard work and some boat money. lol. Im hooked on it. In-line skates-40 mph, 180 mph bike, dirt bikes, jeeps, mountain biking, rock climbing, snowboarding, cable park riding, surfing and wakeboarding. I ride 1-2 or 3 times a week. It all started for me the first time in FL I caught a huge 8' wave on my surfboard and rode it in and that changed the direction of my life. I was hooked. It does bring you closer to God when a 40-story building rolling on its side can roll over you and take your life..you find God quick!! But it helped me find my inside and who I am and thats the drug that I have been chasing for years now. It touched my soul and made me one-with nature. No joke. Water is soothing, it relaxes you, you are made of water. I love riding on water. You remember the movie Point Break patrick swayze..its just like that. That movie captured my feelings and made a movie around it. Its one of my fav's. I think yall know how pasionate I am about boating and riding, I LOVE working on my boat and making it better..but I am a wakeboarder 1st..since there are no waves to catch anymore. Man that got DEEP! Now..yall know who I really am.
    Last edited by jet; 05-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

I wakeboard and surf, however for me and my wife and all of our friends it's more about the experience and comraderie to be with friends out on the water on your boats. There's nothing better to do on a weekend. I live in NEw Jersey so most people go to the shore but I am not really a beach person( don't like sand and salt) and my parents even have a house at the shore on a lagoon that leads to the bay. My boat has never seen that water and never will.

Now that we have a daughter, who is 8 months old, we're really excited about sharing boating and watersports with her like we enjoyed growing up.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

reframe..reframe from making any Jersey shore jokes. There..I didnt say it.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Hey boats are cool and a ton of fun no matter what you do with them. I used to be very addicted to my dirtbike and was riding all the time untill some of my friends invited me down to the lake one weekend. The wakeboarding, floating in the water with a beer in hand, riding on the boat, hanging out with friends wearing shorts and flipflops. I was hooked. Now I'm on my second boat, I'm a wakeboard addict, and if I could find a way to be on the lake every day and still pay the bills I would do it. Don't worry about what you do with your boat just be stoked you have one.
    89 Supra Saltare

We bought ours with a purpose in mind...wake boarding and surfing. We have grown to love just being on it, but still very actively wake board and surf.

My 11month old son
    Man haugy...11 months already? WOW! Time sure flies, huh?

Wakesurf during the week. Party during the weekend. Boat serves both purposes very well.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

we bought ours for the functionality. I'm one of those that doesn't understand the purpose of a run about. We do ride quite a bit though, surf and wake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I bought my boat last September with the purpose of raising my two boys (almost 4 & almost 5) the way I was brought up. Boats have always been apart of my life, even if I didn't get to go to the lake every weekend. We owned a tri-hull when I was a kid and first learned how to ski off of my Grandpa's slick craft Lake MI boat. It had a 302 HO in it and pulled pretty hard!

In high school one of my best friends bought a '90 sport nautique and I was instantly hooked on ski boats. I was in school before wakeboarding was really popular and we used to ski and kneeboard like crazy. Later he sold the '90 for a '96 ski nautique with a closed bow. That boat was just as fun, but built more for skiing than other water sports. He still owns that boat to this day and I almost bought the boat from him before I got the supra, but his wife convinced him to keep it for their growing kids (smart choice).

Before I bought the '93 sunsport I owned a '93 Lowe deckboat that was given to me by my Grandpa. I really enjoyed that boat and we used to wakeboard off of it every chance we got. Then I had kids and the wife said it had to go. Fortunately for me, I convinced her last year to let me get the sunsport. I did have to sell my '75 corvette to get it, though.

The boat will be used for family, friends, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, skiing, and (cough) tubing (for the kids). You just can't go wrong owning an inboard ski boat. I am not partial to any particular brand like some are. I feel we are all in the same brotherhood no matter what the name says on the side of the boat.

Sorry for the book, but now you know some background on me!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden