Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My soon to be wife and I both grew up in familes that love the water. In fact her parents had a lake house until about 10 years ago and sold it as they hardly used it, her dad now says that had he known that I was going to come into the picture they never would have sold. Anyways, they kept their jet skis to ride on the river that is across the street from them at their home. Laura and I remarked that while they are fun, we really wanted something to ski and ride behind. It started with us looking at runabouts but we quickly gravitated towards a purpose built direct drive as what we wanted. We did our research and found the comp that we have proudly owned for the past 3 years this June. While we do ride behind it, there are other times that we just drop in and motor around on the chain, grab lunch or dinner, float on the sand bar which is really crazy. As long as you use the boat in a way that works for you that day or moment and enjoy it, I don't think anybody will be critical of you.

As a reference, Mapleleaf and I get together at least once a year and while we do some riding, we also do some floating and drinking on the boats and that works well for us too. When the time comes for a rebuild, I plan on restoring the comp, taking the tower off and then keeping it for just skiing. At that time, we will probably add a larger V-Drive to the stable as that is what the next boat is to be as has been declared by she who must be obeyed...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

The responses that are listed are kind of what I was thinking that would be posted. Although it's funny because in the cove I hang out in every weekend, I am the only "wake" style boat that has a large Magnum grill attached to the back corner of the boat grilling. HA....so trust me my boat gets used for anything I want, its been a tug/pull boat a time or two when needed as well.

On a side note - BEN (jetlink) did you finish your freakin long arse exams yet?

I use my boat for wakeboarding, slaloming, wakesurfing, kneeboarding, combo skiing, barefooting, wake biking, wake skating, body surfing, keg riding, partying, sleeping, cruising, lounging.... most of these just equal Therapy.

Whatever you use your boat for, so be it. I love the Moomba slogan, "No Worries."

Quote Originally Posted by suprasam View Post
    On a side note - BEN (jetlink) did you finish your freakin long arse exams yet?
    Yeah man, the semester officially wrapped up yesterday though I have been done with everything since last Monday, one of the benefits of online classes. Been able to get a little work done on the boat this past weekend mainly the trailer. Now it is some final wedding stuff this week, leave for my bachelor party Sunday, come back for more wedding stuff and hopefully some riding finally if the weather cooperates. Chris really hit the catch all above, I need some Hydro-therapy that only my boat can deliver!!!
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    I use my boat for wakeboarding, slaloming, wakesurfing, kneeboarding, combo skiing, barefooting, wake biking, wake skating, body surfing, keg riding, partying, sleeping, cruising, lounging.... most of these just equal Therapy.
    What he said!
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

Quote Originally Posted by WakeSurfCanada View Post
    What he said!
    What they said!!!

Seriously boating is something you love or hate. Most of the haters just can't get comfortable enough to relax on the water. As for me and the family, going out on the boat is our number one objective on any given day. I even enjoy pulling them around with the truck during the off season!! LOL

My faverite is hanging out in Mitchell's bay while camping there in the 5th wheel. Costs a few bucks but nothing better than waking up grabbing a thermos of Coffee with the kids and having a morning tour on the boat. Here the campground and marina are combined in one location, you can even dock the boat overnight just steps from the trailer..... Where the heck is summer anyhow!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DAFF; 05-02-2012 at 04:13 PM.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

I have always loved boating. I can remember when I was in my teens and going out on Lake Erie walleye fishing with my uncle. He had an old wooden Chris Craft Cabin Cruiser, I think it was a 1963. It had twin chevy 283's in it. We would head out early and just chug along through the no wake channels and then when we would finally hit the lake he would get on it. The engines would be roaring, and you could hear them smooth out and soon the tone would start to synchronize. It was relaxing to hear them working together to move that heavy old boat.

Then I bought my little ski boat when I was 16. Had a couple of years of fun with that. But always wanted an inboard ski boat. My wife and I have pretty much dedicated the last 19 years to my daughter, and her competing with the horses. My wife would talk about retiring and wanting to live on the water. I really started to dread thinking about that. I have been so busy with the farm and hay making the last decade, that taking it easy seemed like it would drive me crazy.

Then last year we went on a boating vacation with some friends of ours. They love to go to Folly Island SC, it sounded like a lot of fun. I decided to learn to kneeboard. So I bought one and took along. It had been a long time since I tried anything like that. Had a blast, started to remember how to have fun for myself again. Gliding across the water made me feel young again. So I discussed it with the wife and decided we should buy a boat and use it as much as possible.

Decided I wouldn't buy anything but an inboard ski boat. Haven't had it out yet, but I can't wait. I bought a wake board and hope that I can learn to use it. I am thinking the 454 will be able to get me out of the water quick enough. Tried to water ski last summer, but his I/O 6 cylinder couldn't plane out quick enough. If I can't learn to wakeboard, I know I can knee board and tube at least.

So now the thought of retiring with my wife somewhere on the water seems a lot more appealing that it use to.

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    reframe..reframe from making any Jersey shore jokes. There..I didnt say it.
    I should have known better. There are specific beaches those types of morons go to, I stay away from them as much as possible.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

I've owned 11 boards and currently have 5 does that count.... Spent all summer on the water and the boat sits at the lake... 10 minute drive from my place.. It's nice when the kids get home from school and we can go out for a swim I can get a couple of sets in, and just relax as a family. I have 4 kids so the open bow is a must... looking forward to putting the sunsport in the water hopefully in a few weeks, if I ever get the sanding done.

Jet said it better than I can.

Its all about being on the water. With all the things around today to lead young people down the wrong road my house/boat is the hang out for my kids and most of there friends all summer.
    Gets the family together keeps the kids busy doing somthing we all love.
    For the most part the wife and kids dont care what kind of boat we have as long as it goes.

I have owned every kind of boat deckboats I/O and outboard deep v open bows in both glass and aluminum I/O & outboard.
    We had a toon for about for about a week. Gave that to my parents so its still there if we need the space.
    This is my first inboard with the kids geting to be teenagers wakeboarding is geting to be the main thing behind the boat.

We have been through 6 boats in the last 4years trying to find what fits us best.
    Last edited by 86 century; 05-03-2012 at 04:40 AM.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape