Default Saltare stringer measurements?

I've got the gas tank out of my boat to fix the rudder, run new fuel lines and reinforce my loose swim deck bolts. The floor runs under the gas-tank so there is currently no access to the nut side of the swim deck bolts. This will need to be rectified.

Does anyone have a rough measurement of where the stringers are? I don't want to cut out an access hole only to find out that I've cut through a stringer.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

hmm, on my 87 saltare the swimdeck bolts had lags on the bottom that went into the stringers and throughbolts for the top mounts. but the top mounts were above the floor so they are accessible. Wish I oculd help ya out
    "Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

You may be right on the money, actually. It looks like the guy that replaced my stringers fibgerglassed over the inside of the top ones. Some work with a razor blade and putty knife as exposed them.

The lower ones are (probably) starting to rot since my stringers were redone. Time for longer/larger lag bolts and gobs of 5200. Sigh!

Nope. Lower ones are not threaded into stringers. They are just lag bolted through the transom. Back to Plan A of cutting some access holes. Any chance anyone else has measurements??

Sorry, mine's still at the #$%&@ upholsterer, so can't take any measurements.

I'll probably be up Wed to check progress of vinyl and can take measurements then. Although if you get dimensions from someone, I wouldn't take it for granted that yours are in the same place - these were "hand crafted" & we've all seen their "workmanship" back then...

Pretty sure they all used 1/2" ply for the floor, so depending on what you use to cut the holes you might be safe setting your blade depth no deeper than 1/2".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

The factory used 1/2"..... Who knows how many times (and with what) mine has been replaced. Grab me a measurement if you can.... I'm waiting for some additional parts. I was able to get 8 out of 12 swim deck mounts correctly through bolted and freshly 5200'd. Just need the 4 bottom ones on the outside brackets and she'll be sea-worthy again.

The good news about this ordeal? No rot to be found anywhere, yet!!

best shots i have are of the factory setup. you can see the platform bracket bolts if you look closely.

Thanks. Now I'm worried about how much foam or fiberglass is going to be obstructing them. My access panels may end up pretty large.

I wish I could figure out some kind of anchor/insert that would work for these instead of having to cut through the floor.

Got a chance to check mine. From the centerline of the hull to the center of the inboard stringer is 11.5". Center of the hull to center of the outer stringer is 24.5". These are not original stringers, but tried to put them back in the original locations so should be close. I used 2 layers of 3/4" ply on the inners so just under 2" wide with the glass. Single layer of 3/4" ply on the outers, so ~1" wide. Your's may be different, but should get you in the ballpark. Hope it helps. Good luck.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____