Default How should I set up the bunks on a lift for a 22SSV

Hi guys,

I have an '05 22SSV and just got as new (to me) dock and I need to set up a cable lift for the boat. Any suggestions on how best to set it up? Questions: Are two bunks OK, or should I put in four? How far apart should they be (from centerline).

My boat is only 20' long, but sits on 2 2x6x10 bunks (trailer). I would think you could be able to use only 2 bunks. You could easily add support by screwing in some flat stock to the underside of the board.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by DDickey View Post
    Hi guys,

I have an '05 22SSV and just got as new (to me) dock and I need to set up a cable lift for the boat. Any suggestions on how best to set it up? Questions: Are two bunks OK, or should I put in four? How far apart should they be (from centerline).
    2 2x8's or 2x10 with carpet or rubber covering should be fine. the wider apart the better as this distributes weight better over the beam. 2 point loads rather than one in the center. Make sure you have keel clearance and prop shaft clearance. On your trailer measure out with a level in the areas where the keel will be over the beam to determine absolute minimum spacing then move in 2 inches. measure where your rear beam will be on the boat then measure how far down the prop shaft is. You may need 2x 12 if it is far back. Its pretty much common sense. I would expect the beams to be no more than 10 ft apart
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug