Default 80's rub rail insert

Any of you guys with mid 80's Supras changed out the rub rail insert? I need to get a new one but am having trouble figuring out what size I need to buy, Is there a standard way of measuring the rail its self? Thanks for any help.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

if yours is black rubber insert and hard black rubber rail it's probably from taco marine... http://tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html . iirc, check the semi rigid section. chop a piece of yours off and compare the measurements on the site.

apparently, viper can hook you up with ss insert cheaper than taco. i didn't know so i never checked prices with Jim @ Viper. no idea if it's compatible with oem rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    if yours is black rubber insert and hard black rubber rail it's probably from taco marine... http://tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html . iirc, check the semi rigid section. chop a piece of yours off and compare the measurements on the site.

apparently, viper can hook you up with ss insert cheaper than taco. i didn't know so i never checked prices with Jim @ Viper. no idea if it's compatible with oem rail.
    Thanks bud, I don't have the original insert anymore. I pulled it last season with the intent to get a new one and we moved and it ended up not moving with us somehow. Mine is the SS rail and thats the problem I'm haveing. Everywhere I have looked I can't find an insert that I think will fit. The rail itself is still in good shape just no insert. @#!$@ lol
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.