Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transom light??

Ends? What does that mean?

Believe me there going to see me after I light this baby up! My REAL question was did supra originally put it there as a platform light or was it a saftey light? Im plan on adding 2-light swithes. One will run all of my red lights and then I will have super brights (white) for cleaning, working and finding sh*t in the dark.
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

I'm a little bit confused here. You called me out for introducing false information and then agreed with me and then disagreed with me? For the sake of argument: Using duct tape to hold the plane wings on IS illegal, wearing a motorcycle helmet is up to you (even though I'll be wearing mine) and I'm guessing that most of the bodies that you've recovered at night were because someone was drinking AND couldn't see the other boat. Not sure that a stern light would have prevented that.

For the record -- I'm still not arguing that removing your stern light is SAFE. But I am trying to be clear about what is required and what is not. And I don't think that stern lights are common on small power-boats.

Additionally: I've never seen a fishing boat with a transom light. I've never seen an outboard with one. A quick search of current Natique, Mastercraft and Malibus doesn't show any current model with a USCG stern light.... And I believe that the Saltare is unique in that it does have one. Do any of the other legacy Supras have them? Any of the current ones?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Using duct tape to hold the plane wings on IS illegal...
    Only if the tape used is not FAA-PMA approved...lol
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'm a little bit confused here. You called me out for introducing false information and then agreed with me and then disagreed with me? For the sake of argument: Using duct tape to hold the plane wings on IS illegal, wearing a motorcycle helmet is up to you (even though I'll be wearing mine) and I'm guessing that most of the bodies that you've recovered at night were because someone was drinking AND couldn't see the other boat. Not sure that a stern light would have prevented that.

For the record -- I'm still not arguing that removing your stern light is SAFE. But I am trying to be clear about what is required and what is not. And I don't think that stern lights are common on small power-boats.

Additionally: I've never seen a fishing boat with a transom light. I've never seen an outboard with one. A quick search of current Natique, Mastercraft and Malibus doesn't show any current model with a USCG stern light.... And I believe that the Saltare is unique in that it does have one. Do any of the other legacy Supras have them? Any of the current ones?
    I never agreed with you. I don't cite West Marine. I checked the USCG and it does agree with those statements. So I didn't bring up the legality of it. I was wrong. I went straight into why it's not smart.

Most of the time, believe it or not, the wrecks didn't have alcohol involved. The captains just never saw the other vessel.

And yes, my Comp had them, my Mariah had them, as well as the other vessels I've captained.

Right or wrong I see it like this... Clearance lights on a trailers are red on the back and yellow on the front. Just like 99.99% of all vehicles out there. To me a red and white light on the rear would be confusing and cause me to second guess my first instint..... Boating at night is hard enough as it is and why ask for problems from the coast guard for nothing.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    Boating at night is hard enough as it is and why ask for problems from the coast guard for nothing.
    i like this one best. most of us have probably come across water cops who are wrong on certain rules. they want to pull you over to see what else they can find. don't give em any reason. red & green colors have very specific uses in marine navigation.