Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As mentioned already, if it isn't fuel, then next would be fire. (spark). If it was me, next I would take a spark plug and disconnect the coil wire, plug in a spark plug and have someone turn it over while watching for a spark. That should eliminate the wire to coil if it works. (hold the plug to the block with a pair of covered handled pliers/channel locks). If that worked, then I would do it with each plug wire off the distributor cap in the same fashion. On ours, the distributor cap was corroded. Replacing it this week before the holiday.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    As mentioned already, if it isn't fuel, then next would be fire. (spark). If it was me, next I would take a spark plug and disconnect the coil wire, plug in a spark plug and have someone turn it over while watching for a spark. That should eliminate the wire to coil if it works. (hold the plug to the block with a pair of covered handled pliers/channel locks). If that worked, then I would do it with each plug wire off the distributor cap in the same fashion. On ours, the distributor cap was corroded. Replacing it this week before the holiday.

Please let me know what you did to fix this I'm dealing with it now myself. Thanks

I have the exact same problem with my '97 comp black scorpion motor. Has anybody got a definite solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingler View Post
    Please let me know what you did to fix this I'm dealing with it now myself. Thanks
    Its common for some of the boats built before 2007 to vapor lock when using fuel with ethanol. The fuel pump is mounted to the engine block and will vapor lock on very hot days. There are several old threads addressing the issue. The quick fix is to use ethanol free fuel or pour cold water on the fuel pump when it happens. The engine will immediately start after you do that, this is what I do on days where the outside temperature is 90+. Sounds silly for boats this expensive but it works. The permanent fix is to have a low pressure pump installed between the tank and high pressure pump. Several people on this forum have done it themselves. I heard Indmar was covering that during the warranty period, since then they have fixed the issue.

Hope this helps.