Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

insurance is good to have for environmental spills too should something we don't want to think of happen.

Excellent point Salty. Boat sinks, especially if you keep yours floating, and you could be looking at tens of thousands for cleanup and raising the wreck. You'd be surprised the government fined and cleanup costs for 20-50 gallons of fuel and wreck recovery to raise a boat.

After giving up on my home insurer to cover the boat, They kept asking for the Conbrio's wattage? seemed like they had never heard of a boat that was 20 yrs old.........my agent got me liability and 10k's worth of replacement for 330/yr........
    90 Conbrio

Salty brings up the enviromental aspect with good reasoning. Every summer you hear of tragic events on the lake, there is always a small probability something horrific could happen to any of us regarding another human life. For this reason it is a no brainer.... $300.00 just doesn't justify a reason to risk it all.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Please at least get liability insurance even if you don't want comp/collision just get some liability insurance.
    2006 Launch 21 V

I hate taxes and insurance, but pay both. Be responsible even if (and especially since) many are not. Even if you can afford replacement or repair out of pocket, you might also consider a personal liability umbrella policy. Owning a boat is like having a pool - you're gonna have guests and can be sued by anybody for anything at anytime.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

We went with progressive, $400 for an $18K boat and 2 PWC's at $2500 each.

After reading all the posts and the recent "horrible weekend" thread I am sold. I plan on calling my agent tomorrow and having her work up a quote. Last year when I had her work up a quote she used the replacement cost of a new SunSport, I never knew about the agreed value and plan on asking her about this tomorrow. I at least need liability. Last years quote was something in the order of $700 for roughly 3 months of boating. Its funny how my outlook on things have changed, I guess all the work & money I am putting into the Supra is making me soft. I will have to get some pics up soon.

Check Global Marine - I'm paying less than $350 for a 2012 22 Launch. They've got a recreational water ski policy with ACE Recreational Marine.

My insurance is up next month, and I'm debating. I was with Progressive, but I'm going to shop my local State Farm (car ins.) and see what they can do.