Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: battery choice

Yeah. My acc. battery is behind the seat on carpet by my amps, thats why i went to optima. I am going to try the adventure power amg that sluggo uses. The trick i posted in that video did recharge a 7 year old die hard car battery that i thought was trash 5 years ago.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

Either stinger or my personal favorite Kinetik. I have 5 Kinetik 2000 and a marine 200 amp alternator in my boat and never have a problem.

Interstate group 24 look for the ex model. Served me well on last boat
    Brad
    2011 Supra 21V
    Big Bay Lake, Mississippi / Baton Rouge, LA

We offroad a lot and have found Optima's aren't what they used to be. I have my boat stereo wired with 3 group 27 Superlex Batteries. They aren't hooked to the alternator, I can run three amps, for two days on 1 group 27, all three of them in parallel will last a few good days on the lake without a recharge.. I've had really good luck with the Superlex batteries. I get them from www.republicdiesel.com in the Louisville KY area.

Thanks for the website. I got me a kinetik. Worked good for starters. Hope it last. Did buy me a charger from the video i posted earlier in thread. I hope using it takes careof my problems.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

What he said. group 31 AGM
    Quote Originally Posted by rtpaxton2 View Post
    I spoke to a battery company and found out that Optima was bought out a few years ago. When they got bought out the quality of their batteries began to suffer greatly! If you have some older Optimas then you probably have a good battery, but the newer ones are "crap" (according to the battery companies). This company used to stock them and recommend them to customers. After the Optima buy out they said the quality was crap and they finally stopped stocking and selling them.

IMO... Go with an Absorbent Glass Matt (AGM) battery. They are better designed to withstand the beating of running accross the water, and they "gas off" less than a standard lead acid battery. If you keep your batteries in the same compartment with the stereo equipment that means you don't have to worry so much about the hydrogen sulfide gas eating your expensive electronics. AGM batteries are also sealed and in a "gel" state so if you crack the case you don't have to worry about battery acid going every where. You can also mount them upside down if you chose and don't have to worry about them leaking. AGM will cost you more than a standard battery, but IMO it's worth the money.

The only thing you have to decide is what size you want.... 24, 27, 31?

I just picked up 2 Group 29 Everstarts from Walmart, we'll see how they hold up. My battery went dead last weekend and these were sort of a rush purchase since I want to go out this weekend. Those AGM's are expensive as hell, I just can't see paying $400-$600 for two freaking batteries.

Justin
    2008 Supra 21V
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    After my last optima failed on my Rig, I went to a Die Hard Platinum. 4 year free replacement warranty, 4 years pro rated after that. 220 dollars.

They have a marine Die Hard Platinum, 3 year free replacement warranty. Has the same exact internals as the automotive DHP. Only difference is the shorter warranty and it has the screw type posts as well.

hmm yeah i agree with you i have been using Die hard Platinum for few years now. i should say one of the best