Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finally, fixed my slow fuel up issue on my 98 comp. I went from being able to BARELY hold the trigger, to holding it halfway. Can't go full blast, but I'm happy with holding at half. Better than taking literally half an hour to refuel...

My comp has a black plastic Attwood vent. It's angled downwards. I also checked the vent hose and it was not kinked, but was sagging in the middle. I zip tied it up in the middle. Any water that gets in the hose will go back out to the vent, and any gas that gets in the hose will go back to the tank. Took the boat out, filled up, and it still wouldn't fill.

I removed the vent, and there was water in the black plastic cap. I filled the tank without the cap, and it filled with no problem. I put the cap back on, it filled with no problem.

What's happening is the vent is filling up with water, that's plugging up part of the holes.

vent.JPG

The gases have to pass through the tip of the threaded piece (at the tip of the vent) then travel back to the holes next to the boat. If water stays in that cap, it'll plug off some of the holes at the tip.

If you drill a small hole at the corner, at the bottom of the cap, the water will be able to drain out of the cap, keeping the holes free.

Check your vent after taking the boat out. If there's water in it like mine was, it's plugging vents.

I had the same problem, traced it to the vent. After replacing the plastic vent with a high quality stainless one the problem is gone-well I am also at half throttle on the nozzle- but alot better than it used to be!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Yes, anytime someone does a upgrade or takes care of a problem, we need pic's!!
    Keith didn't post pictures when he did this upgrade, but he did describe it, and provided a source for the part ....

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...l-Filling-Port
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.