Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the comments !! i drop the sunsport tomorrow on saturday june 9th... i had to rebuilt my reverse on the tranny and it's all done and it went really well (thanks again to M. Lively and his advices) so i will reply on next monday to let you know how much it make a difference.

For Bravura88 : yes i really like the big V8 sound but it's getting annoying sometime, can't teach to my friend how to wake, can't listening my music even with my kinda big sound system, lot of fume when wakesurfing and at the sunset when we are alone on the lake some neighbor don't apreciated much the exhaust sound...
    So in short i want and hope to kill the noise of 50% at least and the fume the more as possible !!

Let's the short (here in Quebec) boating season begin !!!

Hope it goes well when you take it out tomorrow.

Makes me want to try and build me one for my boat.

Looks like it should work fine. I think the "real" FAE increases the pipe diameter where the two combine to avoid restriction, but if these things "suck" like they say they do at speed - backpressure shouldn't be an issue. I like your bracing alot better than the original - hope it all holds tight for you & good luck tomorrow.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

*** First i want to say it's not a ''fresh air exhaust'' i use the name in the title as example, it look like one but it's not and multiple thing are different an it's for my personnal use only. And i'm living in Canada so....

RESULT : Amazing , the only thing i hear now is the spinning puley of the engine. sometime i have to look a the rpm to be sure that the engine is running !! engine idling really well , no heat , no fume at all , a very little vibration on the swim plate , no change in the wakeboard/surf wave , wave is very different at full speed but i dont do anything/sport in the water at full speed !!

I wasn't skeptical ont the result but i wasn't sure at the same time but as a final result : it's way over what i expect !! So is a pretty cheap upgrade to do if you want to quiet your big V8 a bit !!

First, nice disclaimer. Glad to hear it was a success for you! How did it change the wake at speed? Shape? Rooster tail? Move the hump?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

great project. way to get er done.

don't hold out on the video!

sybrmike : Thanks ! At speed (30-35mph+) the wave is different close to the boat , it look like a rooster tail in a ''V'' shape and/or like a Outboard does to. But at a skier or barefooting distance it doesn't seem to affect anything except maybe the skier will receive some water from the rooster tail but i'm not sure as i don't ski or barefoot only wakeboard/surf , tubing and drink beer !!!

Here's a little video of my very 1st 2012 wakesurf ride on sunday june 10 at about 11h00 , it was recorded with my Iphone 3GS so it's not HD !! but you can clearly hear nothing from the exhaust ! only the moving water and a bit of wind , my buddy was sit on the back seat just above the swimplate. I hope you will enjoy the result as much as i do !!

Last edited by olivier_20; 06-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Hey guys !! After a couple days of boating i have to say that i'm still amazed by the result !

Looks great, glad it is workin for ya!
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 06-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Resurrecting an old thread but to Olivier 20, I'm looking to build my own as well. I have an 86 pro comp, and DAMN it is LOUD.
    My question is how did you go about forming the downpipe?

Thanks and nice build.
    Ryan