Default Another Ignition Coil Issue

Ive got an 88 Comp with the original 351 ford. So, when i first took my boat out for the summer I couldn't get it started. I was trying to figure out why It wasn't getting any spark. I looked at my ignition coil and noticed that the cap had popped off of the body of the coil. It was an MSD Blaster 2 Coil. I went to the local marina and picked up a replacement for a coil with an external resistor. Put the coil on the motor, voila, it started and ran for about 10 hours or so. Yesterday, I went to start the motor, and no spark again. I looked at the coil and it had cracked again.

I went to the marina again to buy another coil, but I couldn't figure out if I need to get a coil for an external resistor set up or a coil with an internal resistor. And if I have a external resistor set-up. Where is the resistor located at? I figure that I need to get an internal resistor type coil since this one is obviously getting hot and busting. Does anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks
    Jonathan

Disconect the wire going to the + side of the coil check the voltage with a volt meter if you have 12v or there about you need a coil with an internal resistor.

If you have close to 6v get the non resistor.
    Make sure you have a good ground from the body of the coil when the field in the coil collapes stray voltage can heat the body of the coil up and make it fail.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape