Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Personally I wouldnt pay more than 600.00. If I did pay that, I would completly part the whole boat out afterwards. It won't be a quick sell, but the hull needs a ton of work, your exhaust tips are gone, your stringers look shot (crumbled wood chips by motor), the transom is shot....the list goes on an on. They said it prior by telling you that your gonna need at least 5K. I was thinking a ass load more but these guys I think no better. You can make a quick grand on trailer, then part your motor out, then shaft/prop....the rest will be slow sales. Good luck.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

What do you want the boat for?
    You planning on using it or just trying to flip it for a quick buck?

Mine (84 Rider, pretty much identical) was in WAY worse shape than that when I got it.
    Paid $1500 for mine. I'm into it for about $2500 right now and I have a boat that I can take to the lake and wakeboard with.

As I said, it depends what you want it for. If you wanna hit the lake, you will have to do some work and spend some $.
    Don't let people discourage you too easily, almost anything is fixable if you have the time/know-how/money.
    The biggest problem I can see you having is if the motor mount bolt are rotted-out (most-likely are). That's a deal breaker.
    You wouldn't be able to use the boat without replacing those 2 main stringers.

If you're just gonna flip-it/part-it, there is definately some valuable stuff there. (Mainly the trailer as someone else mentioned.)
    Transmission is valuable. Prop. Rudder. Drive-shaft. Etc. Etc.

I'd say if you can get it for less than $1000, you will be alright.

Just an FYI. That line running out the front is a fuel line. It looks like they were running it with a gas can in the front of the boat or something. (Maybe the stock fuel tank was damaged.)

The ski pole is most-likely polished aluminum. Mine is exactly the same size/shape and it's definately aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by sydneyACE View Post
    Just an FYI. That line running out the front is a fuel line. It looks like they were running it with a gas can in the front of the boat or something. (Maybe the stock fuel tank was damaged.)
    you guys got it...can see the primer bulb here. i also thought the stringers looked like mulch but just leaves...which isn't a good sign either.

i'm surprised the engine doesn't have more rust.

I'm even more surprised that there is still an engine in that thing.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

buy it and part it.. you will not lose!!

Default Would you pay $4000 for this boat?

I saw this boat For Sale today and stopped to look at it. I'm looking for a budget boat that just needs cosmetics. This boat is advertised as "Water Ready" and listed for $4000. I don't mind anyone making some money by flipping anything, but I do think that you should represent the product correctly. I got online to see what I could learn about Supra Rider boats and was surprised to see the EXACT boat that I just looked at. I'm thankful for everyone posts, I now know to stay away from this one!

So sad to see what 3 years of neglect has done... or a good lesson to other owners. Sad, thanks for the pics though to see what it could one day be again with the right care.

It was probably a stolen recovery.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

yep, that what i was thinking. I dont belive anyone who paid money for that boat would have trashed it out that bad!

WOW, the originial owner must be sick to his stomach. After taking such good care of a old gem to have it fully trashed in such a short time. I wonder who got it from the auction. Lesson here, keep your boat covered and dry !!!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....