Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

John. Was the speaker in the area under the driver something you added, or is the manufacturer putting them there now ? I have always disliked not having a speaker for the driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Manufacturer is now putting one there I believe. It is still a 6 speaker setup, though. They moved one of the cabins to that spot. .... once again, I think.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by jburdon14 View Post
    I am the owner of this boat and I wanted to come on here and personally thank John for doing an excellent job! I could not have been more pleased with the way John handled all this, he was very upfront, professional, communicated well and let me know how things were going along the way, and most importantly he did AN AWESOME job with the install.. Took the boat out to the lake last weekend and was the life of the party due to the kick A&3 sound system... I will no doubt be taking my boat to John in the future any time I need custom work on my audio or lights... In my opinion, there is no one better to take it to..

VERY VERY pleased customer... Thanks again John.
    Glad you're happy with it man. Welcome to the board, stick around and keep posting. John has always done some awesome work for my boats, so I understand your happiness. Glad you get to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    The RE-install looks great - even from atop your soapbox .
    haha, well I apologize. I evidently ruffled feathers from the very beginning on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jburdon14 View Post
    I am the owner of this boat and I wanted to come on here and personally thank John for doing an excellent job! I could not have been more pleased with the way John handled all this, he was very upfront, professional, communicated well and let me know how things were going along the way, and most importantly he did AN AWESOME job with the install.. Took the boat out to the lake last weekend and was the life of the party due to the kick A&3 sound system... I will no doubt be taking my boat to John in the future any time I need custom work on my audio or lights... In my opinion, there is no one better to take it to..

VERY VERY pleased customer... Thanks again John.
    Thanks Jonathan!

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Manufacturer is now putting one there I believe. It is still a 6 speaker setup, though. They moved one of the cabins to that spot. .... once again, I think.
    That's correct. Moved it up front from normal. That could be good either way. Myself, I prefer it back where it was because the driver gets a little too much sound right there, and blocks it with his body when it's playing. That's just a personal preference, not knocking them for doing it that way.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Virginia is not far from Kentucky. I took my old boat to JonyB, and it was awesome. I didn't take this one, and it's not awesome.
    I am in Richmond - still pretty far... and through Mountains. My SUV would die.
    2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV

Looks good John...as with past installs, your quality work and attention to detail shows.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Sucks that you can't find anybody locally that could help you out. The old days of car audio installers taking ownership in something is gone.
    I have a local guy that does great work on Cars, but boat, always a problem, some of them pretty annoying. Like speakers not be wired correctly for left and right. I just added a Exile Audio EQS, and for some reason, my amps got rewired. My tower speakers are on the same zone as my cabin speakers, and my bow speakers are on a separate zone. The cockpit is loud as H3LL!. I have to travel 40 miles, get my trailer, get dropped off at my boat (on a lift), have someone (my wife will not drive the trailer or load the boat) the truck and trailer to the launch, and then take the boat to the trailer. Then drive 40 miles back the car stereo shop. Then reverse!

So when are you coming to VA?

Buy me a plane ticket.....

Sounds like they just got the RCA's switched up. You can figure out which RCA does what by unplugging each one. Generally for left and right, "right is red". That's assuming they wired the speakers to the correct side. I'm sure you can figure it out. I had a customer call from Knoxville today and he was dead set on me wiring a pair of tower speakers he bought, but after talking to him, I convinced him he could do it himself.
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Buy me a plane ticket.....

Sounds like they just got the RCA's switched up. You can figure out which RCA does what by unplugging each one. Generally for left and right, "right is red". That's assuming they wired the speakers to the correct side. I'm sure you can figure it out. I had a customer call from Knoxville today and he was dead set on me wiring a pair of tower speakers he bought, but after talking to him, I convinced him he could do it himself.
    That is what I thought too, but, when I tried, I got a ton on feedback, and there are extra RCA wires that do nothing. I got confused and went back to the way they wired it. I'll buy you a ticket, a six pack, and a give you a pull.

How about this: Take some detailed pictures, and email them. Maybe we can start from there.
    My Install Gallery