Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Now this is just lazy! SC decided instead of screwing this down, they'd just wire tie it, with 1 wire tie!

Then put it up high and use extra wire

Got the amp rack back in tonight, batteries are connected, and the compartment is looking a lot better. I still need to pick up a Perko switch, so I won't post pics until that's in, but here's the amp rack once it was completed.

07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

I wish you could come to VA and do my boat. My Malibu's upgraded sound package is horrible! The wiring looks awful, and the amps are not wired correctly. Furthermore, Malibu turns the gains to the lowest settings, and then places a sticker of the gain controls saying void if removed.
    2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV

Virginia is not far from Kentucky. I took my old boat to JonyB, and it was awesome. I didn't take this one, and it's not awesome.

Not awesome yet, Haugy. Operative word being "yet"... You'll show us all up soon enough, I'm sure.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by WadsworthSunsport22V View Post
    I wish you could come to VA and do my boat. My Malibu's upgraded sound package is horrible! The wiring looks awful, and the amps are not wired correctly. Furthermore, Malibu turns the gains to the lowest settings, and then places a sticker of the gain controls saying void if removed.
    Sucks that you can't find anybody locally that could help you out. The old days of car audio installers taking ownership in something is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Virginia is not far from Kentucky. I took my old boat to JonyB, and it was awesome. I didn't take this one, and it's not awesome.
    You're still awesome, even if your boat sucks..... haha

So the owner of the Supra picked his boat up Friday and was pretty pleased. I'll have a couple pictures up soon.
    My Install Gallery

Finished pics:

My Install Gallery

My Install Gallery

I replaced the batteries with a Stinger SPP2150 for the stereo, and an SPP925 to run the boat and accessories, added a Perko switch, WS-420, repaired some lighting issues (the dealer unplugged all the courtesy lights to use the switch for a few extra LED's that were added), repaired the tornado damage in the storage console that was considered a stereo install, built a box for a DD9512, added an M2A amp for that, and due to the shoddy install from either the dealer or factory, I repaired the wired remotes that didn't work.

Most of what I did was pretty easy. It's not an Earmark or Chucktronics install, but it's an install that this guy can trust will work and not break when he puts the boat in the water. Everything works like he wants it to. He has 1 switch for custom LEDs, and 1 switch for courtesy lights, instead of having 30 or so LED's, and only 4 or 5 of them working because someone screwed with the wiring. He also has room now for storage, where he's supposed to have storage. I've seen so many boats come from SC with wasted space and all it takes is a little thought and planning.

And to the dealer that sold this boat: Get mad all you want about my comments, but remember this, your name has never been spoken here, nor will it ever be. If you continue to do stereo installs, please take your time and do it right. Don't just throw some crap together to make a quick sale, or let someone else worry about it. And the comment about bringing the boat to me, even though all I do is come here and bitch: Yes, mostly. Because I paid top dollar for a flagship boat, only to have quality issues with little to no dealer or manufacturer support. Which is about the same as this guy is experiencing right now.
    My Install Gallery

The RE-install looks great - even from atop your soapbox .
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

I am the owner of this boat and I wanted to come on here and personally thank John for doing an excellent job! I could not have been more pleased with the way John handled all this, he was very upfront, professional, communicated well and let me know how things were going along the way, and most importantly he did AN AWESOME job with the install.. Took the boat out to the lake last weekend and was the life of the party due to the kick A&3 sound system... I will no doubt be taking my boat to John in the future any time I need custom work on my audio or lights... In my opinion, there is no one better to take it to..

VERY VERY pleased customer... Thanks again John.