Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hematoma View Post
    A new prop will help ALOT with pulling and maintaining speed, if you are running the 13x13 and a good amount of ballast it will be a struggle. Lots easier to buy a prop than to cobble a perfect pass kit together.
    +1. I support this. Changing my prop made my perfect pass near flawless.
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

I didn't put pp on for other people. Was a gift to me so I have a good pull with almost anyone behind the wheel.

I'm my opinion was money well spent.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Yep!! 14x14 HUGE prop for me boat and weight. Im a experienced driver and dont need PP, but it sure would help my marriage!! Thats why they call it "The Marriage Saver" No, just kidding my wife has done better (really GREAT) than most of my guy friends have in the past. Its just when people are talking to her, changing the radio, and watching out for other boats happen ALL at the same time it gets hard for non-regular drivers and PP would really help that. The Hydrophase is the one I was talking about in my thread. It looks like it will get the job done. The reason its hard for me is because I can look at thoes parts and say..there aint $1100 worth of parts there. lol
    LOL, I hear ya on the wife driven. She gets side tracked listening to the radio next thing you know your surfing on the swim platform. lol
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

PP is the best opinion my Supra has over my SN. That's saying a lot considering the differences in the two. It has given a lot of comfort to my wife while towing. If you are planning on keeping the boat I'd pay for it knowing what I know now. I agree I could drive the boat without it but I don't want to have to drive the boat all the time (i want to be behind it).
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Isn't PP Cruise $675? Maybe that is a better fit for you. I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to stargazer when the money comes around again.

I agree with the everyone on the prop upgrade, but it still isn't perfect...just smaller adjustments compared to big ones.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by 86 century View Post
    I didn't put pp on for other people. Was a gift to me so I have a good pull with almost anyone behind the wheel.

I'm my opinion was money well spent.
    Yep, I can give anyone a good pull. I bought PP so I can enjoy riding, because nobody I know can drive worth a damn. It was without a doubt the best money I've ever spent on my boat, and worth every penny.

As a bonus I have it a lot easyer to.

Reproping is a good idea to optimize for what you do most.

In our case we need to be able to surf and barefoot.

So I good set up for surfing that will also work for bearfoot speeds didn't look like it was Gama happen.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Odd as it sounds, my 98 Comp with a 13x13 holds speed with no problems when surfing and weighted down. When wakeboarding, it's another story though

Can someone help a new guy with props. I have a 14x14 on my 83 star and I was looking at something that would be better for me. I know it's a 14x14 with a .080 cup on it and the one I was looking at that acme recomends is a 13x13 10.5 pitch. I was looking at a PP for my older boat but we been able to keep the speeds about where we want it at even for surfing. Would adding a a new pitch work on the prop I have or will a the 13x13 work better? I am weighted down also when I am out on the water.

A deleon NO! You would be going backwards..unless you were looking for more topend speed. 14" dia is bigger and more surface (forward push) area than your 13" and the 2nd 14" means it pushes 14" forward thru the water for every rotation and your old prop only moves you 13" so thats less push or forward moving distance. Make since now?? A 14x14 is a big prop and great for moving heavy weight or torque and thats something you want with a heavy surfing speed. Stick with it!

Now, all of this is void if you ment you have a 14x14 3-blade and now your going up to a 13x13 4-blade. That would be a upgrade and I would say yes but I would also move up even higher to the 14x14 or 14x14.25 if your a 1-1 trans. You may as well go really big and use less motor at the low end, your top speed will suffer by 5-10 mph but some dont really care like me on top end. Our boats are tractors or pullers NOT speed boats. lol
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub