Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Bags Filling unexpectantly

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2005 Supra Launch 21V. So far, the boat has been great! One problem I encountered though is that the ballast bags have been filling up with water
    without flipping the "fill" switch. The switch will be turned off and the bags will just take on water on their own. Has anyone else run into this problem? Wasn't sure if this could be easily corrected or if it is a larger problem with a valve malfunction. I welcome any thoughts or advice.

Thanks!

No experience with it but research says this happens when stuff gets caught in the sprinker valves.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I bought an 07 earlier this year and first time out same problem. I ended up replacing the valves, $30 for all three and problem was fixed. I tried taking them apart and cleaning them first, it helped a little bit (bags didn't fill all the way up in the same amount of time) but for $30 bucks it was well worth just replacing them. I now keep a spare set on the boat as well. You should either have 3/4" or 1" ports, so go to any home improvement store and pick up a set of sprinkler valves, wire them in and off you go.

Our bow bag would fill while under way. (common issue) We don't use it all to often, so I plumbed in a ball valve in the locker that I just flip open before filling.
    If all your bags are filling, then go with other suggestions.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFireman View Post
    Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2005 Supra Launch 21V. So far, the boat has been great! One problem I encountered though is that the ballast bags have been filling up with water
    without flipping the "fill" switch. The switch will be turned off and the bags will just take on water on their own. Has anyone else run into this problem? Wasn't sure if this could be easily corrected or if it is a larger problem with a valve malfunction. I welcome any thoughts or advice.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    Our bow bag would fill while under way. (common issue) We don't use it all to often, so I plumbed in a ball valve in the locker that I just flip open before filling.
    If all your bags are filling, then go with other suggestions.
    I have the same problem and the same boat. There are some manual little black switches on the actual sprinkler valve in the back of the boat that should shut them off if you want to deal with that all the time… Or as jzelt suggested you could ADD a more convenient valve. There really is no free and convenient fix for this problem unfortunately. You could always just go all out like the” Tsunami 800 pump upgrade project” many people have used on this forum in the modification section. I personally just chose to ignore this problem because if my boats in the water the ballast are full.
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

Awesome- thanks everyone for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach415 View Post
    I have the same problem and the same boat. There are some manual little black switches on the actual sprinkler valve in the back of the boat that should shut them off if you want to deal with that all the time… Or as jzelt suggested you could ADD a more convenient valve. There really is no free and convenient fix for this problem unfortunately. You could always just go all out like the” Tsunami 800 pump upgrade project” many people have used on this forum in the modification section. I personally just chose to ignore this problem because if my boats in the water the ballast are full.
    Does anyone know the part # for the replacement Valve. Having the same issue. Bags are filling on their own.
    thanks

Take a old one to a big box and buy the comparable. This is a 3 year old thread by the way....
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Griswold View Post
    Does anyone know the part # for the replacement Valve. Having the same issue. Bags are filling on their own.
    thanks
    Don't know the part numbers, but the new ones will be green rather than the grey you're used to. Just go to home depot and ask the person where sprinkler valves are. Then find the comparable as stated previously.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

thanks for the reply, do you think putting in new valves will solve the problem?