Default Battery Switch - adding 2nd battery

I am looking to add a 2nd battery and battery switch to my boat along with a new stereo. I am going to need get power wiring also. What do you guys suggest I buy? and Where?
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

I'm a big fan of the Blue-Sea Add A Battery system because you get everything you need in 1 package (except for wiring.)

It looks complicated on paper but once you dig into it, it makes sense. Here's their documentation on how it all works and what size wiring you will need. http://bluesea.com/viewresource/1388
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Blue-Sea Add A Battery system because you get everything you need in 1 package (except for wiring.)

It looks complicated on paper but once you dig into it, it makes sense. Here's their documentation on how it all works and what size wiring you will need. http://bluesea.com/viewresource/1388
    Thanks Wotan. That is good info!
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

Quote Originally Posted by jzelt View Post
    Thanks for the link JZelt. I was concerned about getting the amps and watts correct. This one is more expensive than many others I looked at before just by googling, they are about $30. What is so special about this one?
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

More than likely, the $30 ones are just 1-2-all-off switches.

You will need to manually flip between batteries in order to keep them both charged. (We had this in our Chap. Just turn the switch every other time out to keep batteries full). Only charges the battery you are selected to.

My alternative, is it keeps the battery you are not switched to charged, then if it is fully charged, it combines both batteries to charge, until the one you are using reaches a certain drain point, then disconnects both and drains the one you are using (also know as combiner). So you always have a full battery to start. (came in more handy than I care to admit). Either way, I won't own a boat again without 2 batteries. (stereo, lights, etc).
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

I did something similar to jzelt. I have the Sure Power battery seperator, which basically does everything automatic, favoring the charging priority to the main battery. A good source for wiring that I've used is genuine dealz http://shop.genuinedealz.com/