Default Guide Pole Replacement Covers

Mine were not in good shape when I got the boat NEW. The dealer went out of business right away, so
    I never got them traded, now they are flat falling apart!

I have been looking around (including here on the "Gear" site) for replacements.

Has anyone ever tried these?

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2043

They are carpet instead of the normal "canvas" (and are about $10 cheaper too)

Thoughts?

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Get a couple that say "supra"
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

bought mine off ebay, from a dude in Minnesota who supplies label ind. who inturn supply Supra... Glad to see you around Todd, Malibu???? Did your daughter make a full recovery???
    90 Conbrio

Maple -- that photo was from the website selling the carpeted covers - not my boat, mine is still the 2008 Supra. Daughter had an amazing recovery, just a few
    tiny issues - but compared to what she was facing, it's a miracle. So is the child that survived all of that mess and is now almost a year old (next week).

Thanks for remembering.

Darn good news on fathers day from one father to another.... Now back to the OT, I'm not a huge fan of those carpeted jobs, I'll dig around my phone and see if I can find the guy I bought from, he didn't mind me calling directly at all....
    90 Conbrio

Thanks MapleLeaf -- there are lots of places that make them - all about $50-60 including from Supra - I had not ever seen the ones with carpet
    and was curious if anyone had tried them.

Nerve wracking fathers day here -- the HUGE fire in Colorado is just a couple of miles from my house - it's been a long week of being ready
    to evacuate. It calmed down for a few days, but then today there are 50MPH winds and have it all stirred up again.

(boat is hooked up, critical stuff has been in the 2 cars since Sunday -- we're "ready" to go if we have to, not our first evacuation due to fire - but being "ready" doesn't prepare the mind!)

My boat had some carpeted ones when I bought it and they were complete junk. Soaked up water and rotted from the inside out. These may be different, but that was my experience 10 years ago.

I bought some with Supra logos off of eBay and they've held up great.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

lol...my experience is the opposite. i glued carpet to my pvc posts and they're going on 10 years now. i made the rears about a foot taller too, my home ramp is pretty steep and a post could get caught under rubrail if water was rough. doesn't happen anymore. changed the rears to flexible pvc too, act like shock absorbers.

try this site---scroll down on first page
    bought these for my lift at the dock for my guide posts!
    Awesome covers compared to others I have seen.
    very pleased!

http://www.veveinc.com/shop/Boat-Tra...-and-Pontoons/